Emergency Medicine Associates

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Jacqueline Pollock

Excellent growth opportunities!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Germantown, MD

Pros-Lots of ability for growth within the organization for hard-working, motivated employees
    -Responsive to employee concerns and desires
    -Shift flexibility in certain departments

Cons-Limits on physical space due to company growth
    -Limits on telecommuting for certain departments

Advice to Senior ManagementTelecommuting should be encouraged and expanded to more employees - it is a huge satisfier and enables employees to be better prepared in the event of an emergency.

Great Company to work for

ProsGreat company with smart, dedicated people. Opportunity to learn and grow your career. Glad to be part of a growing company that cares about its employees.

ConsI have no negative reviews about this company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Not the best

ProsFlexibility in scheduling and hours

Cons- Horrible management team
    - Change is hard to come by since most of the management team has been with the company for their entire careers and through a huge amount of growth. This may sound good on the surface, but it leads to too much micro-managing and an unwillingness to change.
    - Pay is quite low for the area and benefits are expensive.
    - The company has one thing in mind - the bottom line - and that is all.

Advice to Senior Management- Consider reviewing salaries and offering appropriate market adjustments to any employee who is due one.
    - Don't think that just because someone is a manager or supervisor that they are right all of the time. LISTEN to employees...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work, nice people.

Data Processor (Former Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsNice people for the most part to work with.

ConsCommunication with Human Resources and upper management could be improved upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with Human Resources and upper management could be improved upon.

Excellent Company!!!

ProsI've been with the company for less than a year, but right away I knew I made the right decision by coming here. Excellent support from upper management, and when people come here, they usually stay for a very long time for a reason! This company really cares about their employees!

ConsThe benefits are a little pricey, but still manageable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Positive and dynamic!

ProsI've been with EMA for over 10 years, and the growth I've witnessed is astounding. The company is always looking for ways to be better and on the cutting edge of the industry, as well as improving their employees' work lives and providing the utmost care for patients in the community. There is a high standard set for performance, but achievers are recognized and rewarded. The company maintains an environment where employees are encouraged to learn, grow, and better themselves both personally and professionally.

ConsThe rapid pace of such growth and success can sometimes provides challenges in terms of meetings and general work overload.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe rapid growth has also led to a shortage of appropriate, comfortable office space - perhaps upper management should look into additional office space?

It's a growing company that rewards hard workers

ProsI've worked with EMA for 8 years and they provide an environment where motivated, self-starters,who want to develop their careers, thrive.

EMA has doubled in size since I started working here. This growth is directly related to the stability of it's leadership and the leadership's commitment to appropriately rewarding t high performers. People who work hard are rewarded for it and this incentive has helped stimulate the company's growth.

They are also a transparent company. They tell you what it takes to be successful. They provide you with the resources and the continual feedback to achieve that success, and then they reward you for that success.

ConsThere aren't as much tele-commuting opportunities as I'd like.

It's sometimes difficult to connect with people in the office as different people work different schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore office space is needed as we've grown so much.

A company that cares about its employees!

ProsI've seen many changes during my years-long tenure at EMA but have ALWAYS been treated fairly...and appreciated and rewarded for my contributions to the company. EMA is a highly ethical company...mindful of how it's actions and decisions may impact its integrity.

Though I often work extra hours to manage my workload, I have never been pressured to do so. My personal time is respected.

I've enjoyed being part of, and sharing in, the success of such a fine company.

ConsFrom my perspective, EMA is a great place to work...though I understand that there are others who may have different experiences and perspectives.

Constantly Improving Company

Receptionist/Operations Assistant (Former Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsThey care! They will ALWAYS listen to the suggestions of the employees and consistently strive for excellence in all areas of business and patient care.

ConsWell if you work in the admin office, you may get a cubicle. Bring pictures and desk decorations!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on bettering!

A great company that respects its employees

Emergency Physician (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsI chose EMA over several of the other ER groups in northern Virginia because there seems to be a democratic feel to the structure of the company both in compensation and in its leadership. There really was no question when I compared them side to side. In fact several of the other physicians I work with have been with other groups in the area and tell me that I made the correct choice of signing with EMA. This is a company that is looking for growth opportunities and allows the current employees to fill the roles created by those new opportunities. Additionally, there are frequent events for employees that make it more than just a place to come to, login, work, and then go home. I am extremely pleased that I am with EMA and hope to spend the remainder of my career here.

ConsWork is called work for a reason, however EMA does whatever it can to make it a pleasant experience.

Worked for Emergency Medicine Associates? Contribute to the Community!