Emergency Medicine Associates

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
4.4

Jacqueline Pollock

Great Place to Work--feels like a family!

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative, supportive environment. Management truly cares about employees. Ideas are encouraged, and employee satisfaction is important.

Cons

There are a few employees who are very disgruntled. They continue to stay at the company--but they have a very negative attitude. Nothing anyone does for them is good enough.

Continue to increase communication, solicit employees' ideas, and employ technology to enhance workflows. It's great to work at a place where people care, continue to care.

Oct 20, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are glad you feel welcome and happy here.

Overworked, Underpaid and Verbally Abusive

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They promote from within. They will, for hourly employees, pay any overtime worked without a fuss. The company continues to grow and expand even in bad economic periods.

Cons

They expect exempt employees to work overtime without any comp time or pay. They foster an environment that allows the clinical staff to be verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive to the office staff. They have created an non-equitable salary structure. They do not pay their employees what they are worth. The backstabbing and politics start at the top.

Pay your employees what they are worth regardless of age, gender or race. Change the abusive environment between clinical staff and office staff. Stop attempting to use backdoor methods to get rid of employees who won't participate in the politics and backstabbing.

Oct 20, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened to hear that you were frustrated with your overall experience while working for EMA. We always want our environment to be a positive and productive one ... More

Wonderful co-workers, supportive CEO

Former Employee - Human Resources in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Germantown, MD

I worked at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, fair compensation and good benefits. Hard work never goes unnoticed at EMA.

Cons

Some of the doctors we deal with on a daily basis can be a bit difficult, but that comes with the territory!

Oct 10, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you had a great experience working with us and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

False Reviews

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates

Pros

Flexibility is the only pro I can think of

Cons

Pay is low, benefits are expensive and once you are in management....you are free to do what you please and totally walk all over your employees. It is obvious that management is posting false, 'fluff' pieces on this site.

If you are an office/administrative employee, you are treated as less than a person as compared to the medical staff.

Listen to your employees, stop being so superior, allow opinions to be given honestly without retaliation.

Oct 10, 2014CEO

Thank you for your honest feedback. I would love the opportunity to meet with you personally to discuss your concerns. As you know, my door is always open. Our Practice strives to provide a ... More

Excellent growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-Lots of ability for growth within the organization for hard-working, motivated employees
    -Responsive to employee concerns and desires
    -Shift flexibility in certain departments

Cons

-Limits on physical space due to company growth
    -Limits on telecommuting for certain departments

Telecommuting should be encouraged and expanded to more employees - it is a huge satisfier and enables employees to be better prepared in the event of an emergency.

Oct 10, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are working diligently to accommodate our ever growing population in the administrative offices. We are offering telecommuting options to certain groups of ... More

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time

Pros

Great company with smart, dedicated people. Opportunity to learn and grow your career. Glad to be part of a growing company that cares about its employees.

Cons

I have no negative reviews about this company

Keep up the good work!

Oct 10, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thanks! We are glad you are happy here.

Good place to work, nice people.

Former Employee - Data Processor in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Data Processor in Germantown, MD

I worked at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people for the most part to work with.

Cons

Communication with Human Resources and upper management could be improved upon.

Communication with Human Resources and upper management could be improved upon.

Oct 10, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully you will see an improvement in overall communication. We are working diligently to ensure that all employees receive information in a timely manner. Your ... More

Excellent Company!!!

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with the company for less than a year, but right away I knew I made the right decision by coming here. Excellent support from upper management, and when people come here, they usually stay for a very long time for a reason! This company really cares about their employees!

Cons

The benefits are a little pricey, but still manageable.

Keep up the good work!

Positive and dynamic!

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with EMA for over 10 years, and the growth I've witnessed is astounding. The company is always looking for ways to be better and on the cutting edge of the industry, as well as improving their employees' work lives and providing the utmost care for patients in the community. There is a high standard set for performance, but achievers are recognized and rewarded. The company maintains an environment where employees are encouraged to learn, grow, and better themselves both personally and professionally.

Cons

The rapid pace of such growth and success can sometimes provides challenges in terms of meetings and general work overload.

The rapid growth has also led to a shortage of appropriate, comfortable office space - perhaps upper management should look into additional office space?

It's a growing company that rewards hard workers

Pros

I've worked with EMA for 8 years and they provide an environment where motivated, self-starters,who want to develop their careers, thrive.

EMA has doubled in size since I started working here. This growth is directly related to the stability of it's leadership and the leadership's commitment to appropriately rewarding t high performers. People who work hard are rewarded for it and this incentive has helped stimulate the company's growth.

They are also a transparent company. They tell you what it takes to be successful. They provide you with the resources and the continual feedback to achieve that success, and then they reward you for that success.

Cons

There aren't as much tele-commuting opportunities as I'd like.

It's sometimes difficult to connect with people in the office as different people work different schedules.

More office space is needed as we've grown so much.

Emergency Medicine Associates Photos