Emerging Health Information Technology

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Jack Wolf

Bureaucratic nightmare, but typically good coworkers, management nightmare

Former Employee - PC Support in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - PC Support in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The HR team is fantastic. I had to manage a very difficult personal matter, and they were amazing. They were with me every step of the way and accommodated me as much as possible. Benefits used to be amazing - free prescription fills, exceedingly cheap doctor visits (with Montefiore doctors), free surgery as needed. It's still much better than most health plans and pharmacies, but every year they seem to further restrict the benefits or add on higher copays. The upside of bad management is that periodically, you can end up working under something of a 'rogue' manager who fights to get the right things done. GREAT Paid Time Off policies

Cons

Benefits that used to be excellent are rapidly being stripped away, but pay has not increased to compensate for loss of benefits Extremely difficult to get a raise (either parity raise when you move positions, or even annual raises/bonuses). The company frequently declares moratoriums on raises, despite the fact that their parent company, Montefiore, is regularly acquiring more hospitals Management can be exceedingly frustrating/difficult, and even childish/pedantic. There are people who are managers/directors who appear to have no actual qualifications for the positions they are in, as they don't actually know the field/department they manage. There's absolutely no room for advancement unless you have a manager that actively fights for you. Even then, your raises and promotions are subject to the whims of a board of people who may never have even met you, let alone really worked with you and understand your contributions and what assets you have. Subject employees to illegal unpaid overtime They deem all employees as "critical," so in the event of foul weather, everyone is REQUIRED to make it into work. If you don't, you lose a day of PTO, and management may decide to hold it against you/call it an unexcused absence.

Advice to Management

Management does not listen, and they never will until their salaries are as restricted as the general population's was. If they were paid by actual performance, skills, comprehension of the company's work, and ability to lead, they'd be making minimum wage.

2. It was good but the opportunity for growth is slow.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Projects are challenging and can be exciting. The people that I work with especially the customers are great.

Cons

Obtaining approval for funding for projects takes a long time and timeframes to complete projects can be unreasonable. The process to promote someone is very slow. The recognition of the individuals who truly work hard and who have complex skills is lacking. Compensation isn't competitive with the market.

Advice to Management

Assess the groups and the infrastructure. There are a lot of issues that are just patched and temporary workarounds become permanent. Sometimes there is a flood of new hires but the compensation for the existing associates who are hardworking and dedicated is very low.

3. Not that bad.

I worked at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Engineering and project team.

Cons

No career advancement. Folks that have been their a long time and get too comfortable.

Terrible people

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like immature and unprofessional people some of which have no more than a HS diploma then work there.

Cons

Lets see. On call 24/7 with no compensation. Managers who treat you terribly not just in the professional sense but in the personal sense. Example: My manager at the time thought it was funny to make jokes not just in front of me but to me about cancer knowing full well my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Yeah people. This is the kind of people they hire and that stay below the radar. And yes I quit as I cannot see anyone who can do something like this to be fixable.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who not only act like adults but actually are.

6. Good growing IT department for an amazing Medical Center

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits including Free prescription meds and choice time bank for vacation and holidays with a high limit of bankable hours. Nice work hours.

Cons

The office environment is subject to office politics due to the structuring as a matrix organization.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to disrupt. IT is operationalizing healthcare lots of disruptions to the status quo in store

Average company

I have been working at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time

Pros

Good health insurance and retirement plan

Cons

Poor room for advancement. Expected to be available 24/7 with no reward.

Advice to Management

Surround yourself with people that will give you the real

8. Good place to learn

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time

Pros

Diversified projects, nice people, good benefits

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement, inefficient telecommute policy, rigid performance evaluation process

9. great learning experience

I have been working at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time

Pros

career growth and learning opportunities. great for new graduates to venture their career in the medical or health IT field.

Cons

salary could be better as for senior management to match new york city salaries

Sucks. Management will take advantage of you. No loyalty. Lots of lip-servicing.

Current Employee - PACS in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - PACS in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Emerging Health Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free lunch and learns every once in a while.

Cons

micromanaged atmosphere. no loyalty. i've seen people get fire after 20+ years of service with no notice because they wanted to replace the position with someone fresh from college and cheaper.

Advice to Management

care about your workers!

11. OK

I have been working at Emerging Health Information Technology

Pros

So far ok we will see when EPIC rolls around. Salary is decent.

Cons

Seems people here are stuck in their positions and cannot advance

Advice to Management

OK they need to do better if they want to be like the google of healthcare

RSS Feed </> Embed