Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com

Emeritus Senior Living Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

2.7

T. Andrew Smith

Pros
  • enjoy the teams i work with and the ability to support others in making a positive work environment (in 8 reviews)

• My team has been so supportive and I feel that I have the autonomy to make creative decisions that positively affect our employees and residents (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management within the facility and Corporate does not follow their own policies and ethics (in 9 reviews)

• No Christmas bonus to line staff (e (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall not bad. Not enough training.

Current Employee - QMAP in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - QMAP in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

The people are nice but slightly clueless right now.

Cons

Always shorthanded and always being asked to cover a shift but they are always trying to cut hours because of census. No one is responsible for anything. Not enough training for residents who should be in a skilled long term facility.

Organization is a good key and so are more employees, enough at least to cover the floor.

Emeritus was one of the worst senior living places I have ever worked at.

Former Employee - Medication Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Medication Technician in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The residents, the ones who don't all have dementia, are very nice.

Cons

They're unorganized, they treat their staff bad. The management gossip about their employees and believe the gossip between employees. Night crew isn't supervised at all. Staff treat the residents badly. Each shift never completes the tasks assigned. Medication regulations not followed. Health code violations. OSHA violations. "Cliks" in workplace. Sleeping on Noc Shift. Was told when hired it was a full time position, worked on Noc shift, didn't even get 58 hours in two weeks!! Do Not recommend working for ever!!

Yeah, COMPLETE NEW STAFF who follow rules and regulations. And who know how to treat and care for the elderly. During the time I worked there, med carts were left open and un- attended and when it was brought up to management it was dismissed. During the Noc shift employees would clock in from their break but continue to sleep. Employees left their wings for long periods of time, leaving residents unattended and wet. It is a mad house. And Not a place I would want to bring anyone I know to!!

Emeritus Senior Living Photos