Emeritus Senior Living

Employer Engaged

Emeritus Senior Living Reviews in Orlando, FL

1.0

T. Andrew Smith

Pros
  • enjoy the teams i work with and the ability to support others in making a positive work environment (in 10 reviews)

• I look forward to coming to work everyday (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management within the facility and Corporate does not follow their own policies and ethics (in 8 reviews)

• Everyone sleeps with each other in empty rooms the residents are not a priority here (in 75 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

There is a reason Brookdale bought Emeritus and not the other way around.

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has no redeeming values. Its all bait and switch. Its all about the Benjamin's. And its all smoke and mirrors. Our family is committed to take every last dollar our of your families pocket and provide little or no service in exchange.

Cons

They keep moving around the same losers. If you fail here, no problem, we will move you someplace else. Most regional personal are unqualified sycophants just looking to keep there job. The executive directors have a lifespan of less then 18 months. constant turnover of losers. managers have zero say in how best to run there local communities. its a cookie cutter mentality that does not work. The pay is horrendous, the raises are laughable and most employees cannot afford the benefits so emeritus makes out on both ends.

You suck and most of you will be fired when brookdale takes over. But, don't worry because this industry feeds off the same losers so you will pop up somewhere else. People things wont change unless we get some government regulation going here. lots of money is being spent by families trying to do what's best for there loves ones. They can pay upwards up $6000 per month only to have $5.00 per day food and non-English speaking $9.00 per hour person taking care of there loved one. If you must put your loved one in an assisted living facility go to a non-for-profit community. STAY AWAY FROM FOR PROFIT COMMUNITIES.

Very Disappointing

Former Employee - Resident Care Director in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Resident Care Director in Orlando, FL

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Because the company is so large, there is access to resources and people that can provide great learning experience.

Cons

The management, particularily on the regional level, are very short sighted and laser focused on one thing.....profit. Trying to provide clinical support services, (Nursing), in this environment is simply impossible. They have lots of written policies that they are quick to point to, however, neither the expertise or resources are provided to follow those policies. Chronic short staffing and labor hour reductions are just the beginning of the serious problems that exist in this company.

Spend some real, non judgmental time with the staff and accept the fact that the "Expectations" are not attainable; Then do something about it !

Emeritus Senior Living Response

Nov 21, 2013Recruiting Project Specialist

Thank you for all the information you provided in this review. We appreciate your insight as a Resident Care Director. I would highly encourage you to share your feedback with our third party ... More

Emeritus Senior Living Photos