Emeritus Senior Living

Emeritus Senior Living Reviews in Orlando, FL

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Emeritus Senior Living President and Chief Executive Officer Granger Cobb

Granger Cobb

Pros
  • My team has been so supportive and I feel that I have the autonomy to make creative decisions that positively affect our employees and residents(in 4 reviews)

• Wages were good, Residents are wonderful, staff, Department Heads are great(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management makes 10 to 20 times more money for doing nothing but demanding more out of care staff(in 7 reviews)

• No Christmas bonus to line staff (e(in 7 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

There is a reason Brookdale bought Emeritus and not the other way around.

Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThis company has no redeeming values. Its all bait and switch. Its all about the Benjamin's. And its all smoke and mirrors. Our family is committed to take every last dollar our of your families pocket and provide little or no service in exchange.

ConsThey keep moving around the same losers. If you fail here, no problem, we will move you someplace else. Most regional personal are unqualified sycophants just looking to keep there job. The executive directors have a lifespan of less then 18 months. constant turnover of losers. managers have zero say in how best to run there local communities. its a cookie cutter mentality that does not work. The pay is horrendous, the raises are laughable and most employees cannot afford the benefits so emeritus makes out on both ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou suck and most of you will be fired when brookdale takes over. But, don't worry because this industry feeds off the same losers so you will pop up somewhere else. People things wont change unless we get some government regulation going here. lots of money is being spent by families trying to do what's best for there loves ones. They can pay upwards up $6000 per month only to have $5.00 per day food and non-English speaking $9.00 per hour person taking care of there loved one. If you must put your loved one in an assisted living facility go to a non-for-profit community. STAY AWAY FROM FOR PROFIT COMMUNITIES.

Very Disappointing

Resident Care Director (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsBecause the company is so large, there is access to resources and people that can provide great learning experience.

ConsThe management, particularily on the regional level, are very short sighted and laser focused on one thing.....profit. Trying to provide clinical support services, (Nursing), in this environment is simply impossible. They have lots of written policies that they are quick to point to, however, neither the expertise or resources are provided to follow those policies. Chronic short staffing and labor hour reductions are just the beginning of the serious problems that exist in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some real, non judgmental time with the staff and accept the fact that the "Expectations" are not attainable; Then do something about it !

Emeritus Senior Living Recruiting Project Specialist responded to this review

Nov 21, 2013

Thank you for all the information you provided in this review. We appreciate your insight as a Resident Care Director. I would highly encourage you to share your feedback with our third party ... More

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!