Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions Reviews in Racine, WI

3.3

CEO

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A very fun and enjoyable place to find friends and learn about new products

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Racine, WI

I have been working at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions full-time

Pros

You have the ability to work on any machine that you want to try. If you ask to work on a machine you will be given the chance to do so. Everyone is kind and will help you when you need it or just ask and they will do what they can. InSinkErator has great benefits and the company does so much extra for you it is a fun environment to be in.

Cons

You are able to bump shifts if you have sonority, so when you start here on first shift. You could be bumped to third shift and there is nothing you can do about it.

Keep doing what you are doing.

I think it is terrible how they look to get rid of people, I know the guy who had my job before got let go for no reason

Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Racine, WI

I have been working at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Pros

I feel they have a good training program. They make sure you are worth what they pay you. Which all around helps everyone.

Cons

If management doesn't like you, no matter why, you are gone. The guy who had my job last got let go for no reason at all. showed up to work one day and found out that was it, another guy has been her 20yrs and got demoted to assy. small parts now. They will do what they have to to get rid of you. My boss is a good guy, and the guy I replaced told me that as well. But if you want to work here you better fit into the click.

You need to listen to the employees some times. Sometimes they don't work to par, they go from great to bad, sometimes there are things going on in their lives as well. Some go to war and come home and have to lean to deal with life again, just as an example.

Great benefits but must take your career path into your own hands.

Former Employee - Engineering in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Engineering in Racine, WI

I worked at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Pros

Excellent benefits. In most areas there is room for advancement. Tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, 401k. 12 holidays, 2 weeks vacation.

Cons

In certain positions and classifications there is no room to advance. Also in certain classifications you only get the minimum 3% yearly pay increase, no performance compensation. Does not promote excellence in performance if the other employees can do a minimum and get paid the same.

More focus on employee's career track. Employees can stagnate in positions, especially inbetween classifications like factory non-exempt, which get no quarterly raises like factory (who also get the yearly cost of living) and office which get raises based on their performance.