Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

www.emerson.com

Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions Reviews

3.3

CEO

Great communication throughout my time with the company, and considerable amount of effort invested in my training.

I worked at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions full-time

Pros

Communication, Benefits, Flexibility, Independence, Products, and Training.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary, or worth noting.

Wasted several years here (Closetmaid)

Former Employee - Maintenance in Chino, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Chino, CA

I worked at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Maintenance pay is good.

Cons

No organization. No automation. No leadership. No communication. No accountability. No incentives. No advancement opportunities. People "in charge" have zero skills. They can't even load a program and start the machines in their own department. Over half of the personnel are temps and don't care in the slightest about the company or the work. Average age of machine is over a decade. HR meeting recently told all employees that positions are filled by seniority. More qualified people do not get open jobs if someone with seniority applies. Even if they have not worked one hour in the department! Stay away

Hire actual managers and actual leads. Have reviews for every employee. The worst employee gets the same annual raise as the best. Employees worth keeping, leave as soon as they can. Only the lazy ones stay. It's a joke.

High turnover

Current Employee - Senior Commodity Manager in Elyria, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Commodity Manager in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Employees relatively friendly, ok benefits and compensation. Computer systems are complex and easy to use. Cafeteria is nice and gym is a nice benefit as well.

Cons

Work is boring and spread out between too many people. Too much turnover in various departments. Individuals have too much time on their hands. Compensation is average and could be better to meet the other area companies.

Review your departments so people have challenges and can do thier job without having to review with 10 other people doing the exact same thing.

A very fun and enjoyable place to find friends and learn about new products

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Racine, WI

I have been working at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions full-time

Pros

You have the ability to work on any machine that you want to try. If you ask to work on a machine you will be given the chance to do so. Everyone is kind and will help you when you need it or just ask and they will do what they can. InSinkErator has great benefits and the company does so much extra for you it is a fun environment to be in.

Cons

You are able to bump shifts if you have sonority, so when you start here on first shift. You could be bumped to third shift and there is nothing you can do about it.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Solid company, low pay, little vacation days

Current Employee - Accountant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Accountant in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Solid company, stable job and friendly workplace

Cons

low pay, little vacation, stressful

Nothing changes

Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Elyria, OH
    Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Elyria, OH

Pros

Connection to Emerson, training opportunities

Cons

Entire SMT is clueless, they have been in the same positions for 10plus years. No growth or upward mobility. Pay is really low, managers not empowered, too focused on software development.

Look for another position and fill your positions with new talent.

Good ole boys club

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Elyria, OH
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Pros

Pros are based upon which department you actually work in: Managers mostly leave you alone, can be flexible with work life balance depending on how well you are liked or disliked by your manager. Pay is competitve. Christmas bonus is nice.

Cons

Vacation is not competive, 2 weeks after 1 year, then wait 10 years for a 3rd week. Very male dominated, no women in key management positions and the women that actually have a manager title are not permitted to make a decision without their male managers approval, no minorities. Women are treated as they were back in the 60's. Gossip runs rampant throughout the company, managers ignore problems and do not address issues as they arise. When the market goes down, employees with the most seniority and over 50 are the first to be cut.

Listen to your employees. Since you do not correvt the negative issues as a result of the employee survey, stop the surveys.

Great place to work, competent management, performance based environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

I worked at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Pros

Decent benefits, opportunities for growth, performance driven

Cons

lack of vacation time, highly competitive

Encourage employee appreciation and satisfaction

Overall a good place to gain experience for a younger person and then move on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Pros

Emerson opportunities
    Movement into healthcare and technology

Cons

Lower salary. They justify it based on the area.
    Conservative culture
    Location
    Older guard
    Boring Product line

Pay more to attract top talent

I think it is terrible how they look to get rid of people, I know the guy who had my job before got let go for no reason

Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Racine, WI

I have been working at Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Pros

I feel they have a good training program. They make sure you are worth what they pay you. Which all around helps everyone.

Cons

If management doesn't like you, no matter why, you are gone. The guy who had my job last got let go for no reason at all. showed up to work one day and found out that was it, another guy has been her 20yrs and got demoted to assy. small parts now. They will do what they have to to get rid of you. My boss is a good guy, and the guy I replaced told me that as well. But if you want to work here you better fit into the click.

You need to listen to the employees some times. Sometimes they don't work to par, they go from great to bad, sometimes there are things going on in their lives as well. Some go to war and come home and have to lean to deal with life again, just as an example.