Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Great communication throughout my time with the company, and considerable amount of effort invested in my training.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCommunication, Benefits, Flexibility, Independence, Products, and Training.

ConsNothing out of the ordinary, or worth noting.

Wasted several years here (Closetmaid)

Maintenance (Former Employee) Chino, CA

ProsMaintenance pay is good.

ConsNo organization. No automation. No leadership. No communication. No accountability. No incentives. No advancement opportunities. People "in charge" have zero skills. They can't even load a program and start the machines in their own department. Over half of the personnel are temps and don't care in the slightest about the company or the work. Average age of machine is over a decade. HR meeting recently told all employees that positions are filled by seniority. More qualified people do not get open jobs if someone with seniority applies. Even if they have not worked one hour in the department! Stay away

Advice to Senior ManagementHire actual managers and actual leads. Have reviews for every employee. The worst employee gets the same annual raise as the best. Employees worth keeping, leave as soon as they can. Only the lazy ones stay. It's a joke.

High turnover

Senior Commodity Manager (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsEmployees relatively friendly, ok benefits and compensation. Computer systems are complex and easy to use. Cafeteria is nice and gym is a nice benefit as well.

ConsWork is boring and spread out between too many people. Too much turnover in various departments. Individuals have too much time on their hands. Compensation is average and could be better to meet the other area companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your departments so people have challenges and can do thier job without having to review with 10 other people doing the exact same thing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very fun and enjoyable place to find friends and learn about new products

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsYou have the ability to work on any machine that you want to try. If you ask to work on a machine you will be given the chance to do so. Everyone is kind and will help you when you need it or just ask and they will do what they can. InSinkErator has great benefits and the company does so much extra for you it is a fun environment to be in.

ConsYou are able to bump shifts if you have sonority, so when you start here on first shift. You could be bumped to third shift and there is nothing you can do about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Solid company, low pay, little vacation days

Accountant (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsSolid company, stable job and friendly workplace

Conslow pay, little vacation, stressful

Nothing changes

Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsConnection to Emerson, training opportunities

ConsEntire SMT is clueless, they have been in the same positions for 10plus years. No growth or upward mobility. Pay is really low, managers not empowered, too focused on software development.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for another position and fill your positions with new talent.

Good ole boys club

Prefer Not to Say (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsPros are based upon which department you actually work in: Managers mostly leave you alone, can be flexible with work life balance depending on how well you are liked or disliked by your manager. Pay is competitve. Christmas bonus is nice.

ConsVacation is not competive, 2 weeks after 1 year, then wait 10 years for a 3rd week. Very male dominated, no women in key management positions and the women that actually have a manager title are not permitted to make a decision without their male managers approval, no minorities. Women are treated as they were back in the 60's. Gossip runs rampant throughout the company, managers ignore problems and do not address issues as they arise. When the market goes down, employees with the most seniority and over 50 are the first to be cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Since you do not correvt the negative issues as a result of the employee survey, stop the surveys.

Great place to work, competent management, performance based environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsDecent benefits, opportunities for growth, performance driven

Conslack of vacation time, highly competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employee appreciation and satisfaction

Overall a good place to gain experience for a younger person and then move on.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilkes Barre, PA

ProsEmerson opportunities
    Movement into healthcare and technology

ConsLower salary. They justify it based on the area.
    Conservative culture
    Location
    Older guard
    Boring Product line

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more to attract top talent

I think it is terrible how they look to get rid of people, I know the guy who had my job before got let go for no reason

Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsI feel they have a good training program. They make sure you are worth what they pay you. Which all around helps everyone.

ConsIf management doesn't like you, no matter why, you are gone. The guy who had my job last got let go for no reason at all. showed up to work one day and found out that was it, another guy has been her 20yrs and got demoted to assy. small parts now. They will do what they have to to get rid of you. My boss is a good guy, and the guy I replaced told me that as well. But if you want to work here you better fit into the click.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to listen to the employees some times. Sometimes they don't work to par, they go from great to bad, sometimes there are things going on in their lives as well. Some go to war and come home and have to lean to deal with life again, just as an example.

Worked for Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions? Contribute to the Community!