Emerson

Emerson Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Emerson Chairman and CEO David N. Farr

David N. Farr

Pros
  • In general work / life balance is good for most people(in 15 reviews)

• Stable company, well organized, decent work-life balance, good training(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Career Growth and Work life balance(in 3 reviews)

• just like any other big company(in 4 reviews)

Possible sale to rubbermaid

Sales Service Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsParent company is Emerson, good bonus and benefits... Old management was on top of their game and market trends... Communication is good...

ConsNew management is destroying this company... Layoffs will be coming down the road! The company is family friendly, but while your on the clock the will run you into the ground... It takes a highly organized and an expert time management individual to meet all deadlines every week! Shady business practices are starting to take place!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get back in touch with your consumers... New direction and cheap product is hurting sales and meeting quotas

committed to shareholders but not employees or customers

Strategic Planner (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe company treats its shareholders and management very well. The company is known for its increasing dividends over the past 50 years. Shareholders like Emerson for its generous dividends. The company's senior management enjoys good stock options.

ConsNo commitment to employees and customers. The company's culture is extremely anti-family and does not allow spouse to work in the same company. The company does not even have a purpose or mission statement. The company's senior management enjoys long vacations but frowns on analysts taking any vacations. The company does not commit to customers. Rather, the management tries to take advantage of customers in order to earn the highest profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake long-term commitment to the society, not just for the shareholders and senior management.

Working hard at the Old Boys Club

ProsGlobal interaction, diverse areas to explore, numerous work opportunities, important and significant projects that, if done well, will be received with great attention.

ConsCompany values worth more on the degree and university attended, not by hard work and ability to learn quickly. Women have to be tough to be taken seriously: ratio is about 1 woman to about every 50 men.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your employees and encourage them to succeed and you'll be rewarded for it. Every manager should have to read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. Repeatedly involve your employees in meetings and learning opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get used to weak pay increases. Glad were keeping up with inflation.

Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) Marshalltown, IA

ProsFinancially sound. Heading for significant growth.

ConsGiven demographic area, pay and increases are not competitive.

Not a good place

Strategic Planner (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsDiverse, large, variety of things to do

ConsOperation oriented, no diversity in management

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove old-school technology executives

Engineering Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsSteady employment, decent benefits, medium to low end of the wage scale

ConsAlways a threat of the operations being shipped to a "least cost" country

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the company surveys and understand what is being said....ie...take the feedback and use it to improve the operation!!

Very good work experience

Test Engineer (Former Employee) Delaware, OH

ProsVery good place to work

ConsWorked an off shift did not like it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Review about Daniel measurements and control

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent company for an intern to work with.. Excellent work culture in the company that no company can offer..

ConsNo major complaints, they could add some more activities to the work calender.

Great Company, clueless 1st tier leadership

Corporate IT (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsPaychecks dont bounce. large budgets with reletivly easy funding of Projects.

ConsManagers are more concerned about thier reputation than doing the right thing for the company.Managers lie to sr leaders. we all know what happens to a lie.

Advice to Senior Managementquit hiding behind smoke and mirrors and give the team credit and recognition.

Overall really good.

District Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsStable company. Good Benefits. Good pay. Easy work/life balance.

ConsMovement within the company very slow. Good old boy club.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within.

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!