Emerson Hospital

4.2

Christine C. Schuster

Nice Community Hospital

Current Employee - Staff RN in Concord, MA

I have been working at Emerson Hospital part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff and team to work with. PAL was acceptable. Benefits were reasonable. Did not have to drive into Boston!

Cons

Unable to self schedule. Compensation was on the low end. No time off during holiday time. Needed some work on the older wing of hospital.

Upper Management disconnect

I have been working at Emerson Hospital full-time

Pros

Knowledgeable bedside nurses and high quality physicians

Cons

Lack of evidenced based nursing

Listen closely to those who still have the passion to try to improve.

Great hospital, Happy Employees

Former Employee - Nutrition Assistant in West Concord, MA
    Former Employee - Nutrition Assistant in West Concord, MA

I worked at Emerson Hospital part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Emerson Hospital has a positive environment, incentives, moral boosts, friendly co-workers and management, awesome community outreach, good food

Cons

Not too much room for growth in my dept (nutrition), parking off site, never got promotion, pay rate, people (patients) from Concord can be difficult (snobby). Training was somewhat of a disaster. People would do their jobs consistently wrong and there were no repercussions.

Pay rates need to be fair. Experience should play into pay, and I was in my early twenties when I started here and received WAY LESS pay - even though I had more education/experience that older employees. I felt like I was discriminated because of my age. I felt it was not fair and aggravating. Also, if an employee is doing their job wrong (70% of the time is wrong) THE OTHER EMPLOYEES PICK UP THE MESS. It is just not fair. I never called out sick, always corrected my mistakes and I made significantly less that many other employees.

Truly is the Best Place to Come for Care & Work

Current Employee - Staff RN in Concord, MA

I have been working at Emerson Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is so positive! Whether you're passing a nurse in the hall, a Sr. Leader, physician, volunteer or cafe worker, everyone gets a friendly acknowledgement. I've always felt so welcomed at Emerson in the four years that I have been employed. The CEO hosts many employee appreciation events, town hall meetings and luncheons so that all of the staff can be informed on the latest hospital news which is very important to the success of the hospital. We are never left in the dark here and that is what I enjoy most about this hospital. If the CEO has news, she will be honest and upfront right away. Her open door policy is appreciated, as I am a nurse here at the hospital and cannot always make luncheons or town hall meetings, so I feel welcome to stop by her office anytime and ask her what I missed or send her an email.

Cons

I haven't been faced with any cons during the four years that I have been employed here. Emerson is all about being a team!

Keep up the great work! We have many strong Sr. Leaders and Management at this hopsital that the staff look up to.

Great place to Work

Former Employee - Registration Administrative in Concord, MA
    Former Employee - Registration Administrative in Concord, MA

I worked at Emerson Hospital part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Loved working there, everyone works as a team player and most employees are able to vision the BIG picture and are grateful for all the other departments that allow this hospital to run efficiently

Cons

Nothing that I can think of and I worked there for 10+ years

Great hospital. Great place to work. Great leaders and employees.

I have been working at Emerson Hospital full-time

Pros

I am so fortunate to work for such a great organization. It is rare to have an organization on all levels, from the CEO to the employees, truly committed in creating a friendly, engaging, and collaborative culture while providing high quality health care.

This positive culture is evident in the efforts the CEO and leadership team make... They strive to make Emerson a wonderful place by being great communicators to all, actively soliciting feedback from employees, and through employee recognition events.

Cons

Continue to make renovations to the remaining parts of the hospital.... The renovations that have already been made look great.

Keep up the good work.... Continue to make Emerson a great place to work.

Hi quality, High standards, High Marks

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Emerson Hospital as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is a top notch Boston quality healthcare environment, but a much easier location to access outside of the city and a very enjoyable place to work. They are continually canvasing patient needs and on many levels cater to what the marketplace is doing to change how healthcare is delivered.

Cons

I've not experienced any negatives in my 12 plus years of working for several departments. The compensation/benefits area is not applicable in my role as an independent contracted employee.

Continue to hire the best, it shows - I've found respect on all levels of hospital administration, medical staff, current and courtesy. People enjoy being a part of this hospital based on all my experience over the years.

Treats employees with respect

Current Employee - Staff RN in Concord, MA

I have been working at Emerson Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management actively seeks input from all levels of employees resulting in a great team atmosphere. Friendly, supportive place to work.

Cons

Tough to stay competitive in today's health environment which can be stressful

Great people, feels like family

I have been working at Emerson Hospital as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Respectful, friendly, compassionate co-workers and a team atmosphere make it feel like family. Management works hard and people care about doing their very best.

Cons

Staffing is thin where employees who have left haven't been replaced.

As a contractor, "Compensation & Benefits" and "Work/Life Balance" don't really apply, so the neutral rating is really a "does not apply"--not a rating one way or the other.

Premium care and a Personal Touch

Current Employee - Social Work in Concord, MA
    Current Employee - Social Work in Concord, MA

I have been working at Emerson Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Caring staff, invested in patients

Cons

They don't compensate front line staff. Salaries frozen for years and max merit increases are held at 2%.

Spread the wealth