Emerson Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christine C. Schuster

Great place to Work

Registration Administrative (Former Employee)
    Concord, MA

ProsLoved working there, everyone works as a team player and most employees are able to vision the BIG picture and are grateful for all the other departments that allow this hospital to run efficiently

ConsNothing that I can think of and I worked there for 10+ years

Great hospital. Great place to work. Great leaders and employees.

ProsI am so fortunate to work for such a great organization. It is rare to have an organization on all levels, from the CEO to the employees, truly committed in creating a friendly, engaging, and collaborative culture while providing high quality health care.

This positive culture is evident in the efforts the CEO and leadership team make... They strive to make Emerson a wonderful place by being great communicators to all, actively soliciting feedback from employees, and through employee recognition events.

ConsContinue to make renovations to the remaining parts of the hospital.... The renovations that have already been made look great.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.... Continue to make Emerson a great place to work.

Hi quality, High standards, High Marks

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsThis is a top notch Boston quality healthcare environment, but a much easier location to access outside of the city and a very enjoyable place to work. They are continually canvasing patient needs and on many levels cater to what the marketplace is doing to change how healthcare is delivered.

ConsI've not experienced any negatives in my 12 plus years of working for several departments. The compensation/benefits area is not applicable in my role as an independent contracted employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire the best, it shows - I've found respect on all levels of hospital administration, medical staff, current and courtesy. People enjoy being a part of this hospital based on all my experience over the years.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treats employees with respect

Concord, MA

ProsManagement actively seeks input from all levels of employees resulting in a great team atmosphere. Friendly, supportive place to work.

ConsTough to stay competitive in today's health environment which can be stressful

Great people, feels like family

ProsRespectful, friendly, compassionate co-workers and a team atmosphere make it feel like family. Management works hard and people care about doing their very best.

ConsStaffing is thin where employees who have left haven't been replaced.

As a contractor, "Compensation & Benefits" and "Work/Life Balance" don't really apply, so the neutral rating is really a "does not apply"--not a rating one way or the other.

Premium care and a Personal Touch

Social Work (Current Employee)
    Concord, MA

ProsCaring staff, invested in patients

ConsThey don't compensate front line staff. Salaries frozen for years and max merit increases are held at 2%.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread the wealth

A Really Nice Place to Work..."

Staff RN (Current Employee)

ProsEmerson is a very positive place to work. Everyone works together as a team--management and staff alike. The facilities are newly renovated so the work environment is top notch. Not only is it nice-- you have all the supplies you need to do the job.

ConsNewer employees have to park at an off-site location which can be a pain--especially in the colder temperatures. The shuttle drivers are all very nice...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving us what we need to do our job!!

Great hospital to work

ProsBest place I've ever worked. Excellent communication from supervisor and senior management. CEO even knows all the employees by first name! Recently went on a leave and HR was excellent from the beginning to end. Lots of fun employee activities and even a summer BBQ at Kimball Farm.

I hope to work here for many years.

ConsContinued uncertainty in healthcare and hospitals

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and thank you for the Christmas gift.

Used to be a nice place to work...

ProsThe staff-my coworkers and supervisor are great. That's about the only pro...

ConsMorale sucks because management sucks. Senior management loves pointing fingers, if an employee is unhappy it's automatically the supervisor’s fault-which is never true (or in my case).

Can't voice your opinion because the CEO can't hear it-even though she says she wants to hear it. Employees are scared to say anything because she'll fire anyone who speaks or has any opinion other than hers.

HR is a huge joke-I've heard negative things from other people's negative experience-but until I experienced it for myself, I didn't completely understand. They are so unprofessional, they blame others and makes you feel like you did something wrong. They give empty promises and couldn't care less about employees.

It's sad-because Emerson used to be a really nice place to work. I am actively looking to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuck up

Great people, great place to work!"

ProsFriendly people
    Nice atmosphere
    Great cafeteria and gift shop
    Good communication for managers
    Appreciate staff--got a nice gift card for the holidays!

ConsI have been working as a PCT for several months. I had to wait 6 months for an RN job opening to be come available. Then I had to interview for it along with several other PCTs I am friends with.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave new RN get position as soon as they pass their Boards.

Worked for Emerson Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emerson Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emerson Hospital CEO Christine C. Schuster. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Emerson Hospital employees.