Emerson Process Management

Emerson Process Management Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Emerson Process Management Chairman & CEO David N Farr

David N Farr

Pros
  • Very good work - life balance, with flexible schedule for some positions(in 21 reviews)

• Continuously growing company and a lax work environment that was rewarding and not stressful(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work/life balance due to frequent business trips required(in 8 reviews)

• Some silo effect between business units(in 8 reviews)

Large corporation with lots of opportunities for those who are willing to earn them.

ProsBusiness is healthy, with reliable growth and profitability. Career opportunities are available for performers who are willing to work hard and deliver results. A high level of ethics which is exceptional in the industry.

ConsSometimes, business decisions can be overly analytical and conservative, leading to missed opportunities.

Rosemount DP Flow

Planner (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

Prossome great people work there. volleyball court on site, has a holiday party every year, profit sharing benefits, has good insurance

ConsUpper management is changing too many things at the expense of their employees. Management does not value their employees and does see them as an asset. Also- there is not room for employee growth being it is a small company.

Advice to Senior Managementallow more promotion opportunities, learn to value your employees and ask for employee feedback and employee involvement.

Solid company, but nothing exceptionally special.

ProsTreats employees fairly, but not particularly generous with salaries and benefits. Good career advancement opportunities in management, if you're willing to relocate.

ConsCan be a bit short term focused on delivering current financial results at the expense of long term gains.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strategic Planner

Strategic Planner (Current Employee)

ProsGreat exposure, good culture, strong work life balance

ConsSometimes too slow, can be too silo-ed

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chanhassen, MN

ProsGood company to work for

ConsNo cons to talk about

Advice to Senior ManagementNice job

Excellent Team Environment

Project Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsExcellent Team Environment. In small groups this company works well. The hours are not overly demanding (very rare 10-12 hour work day).

ConsSome of the technology is older and needs upgrade. This can be a Pro if you are the one doing the upgrades, but I see it as a con if you want to stay on the leading edge of tech.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt some point the various companies will need to come together and move as a larger team - rather than as a collection of small companies. This is going to require a firm leadership hand - in order to overcome the strong individualized companies.

If you're good at what you do, you are asked more of than someone who is not.

Level II Instrument and Valve Technician (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat experience, and lots of travel through out the States and Canada.

ConsSpending more than 50% of the year on the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified people to share the workload

Well run & stable company

ProsA great company for a healthy work/life balance. They don't work you to the bone with 60-80 hour work weeks.

ConsSlower development cycles than other companies.

It was good until they got hit by the economy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat upper management to wk for

ConsHrder to sell cell phones, lots of chargebacks

Growing Company with Opportunity

Contractor (Current Employee) Chanhassen, MN

ProsExpanding rapidly, worldwide corporation with good structure and benefits, great culture, cutting-edge flow technology for the petroleum and gas industry as well as nuclear operations monitoring.

ConsInfrastructure/deployments, bloated IT processes, poor inventory/asset tracking (IT), below industry standard salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider new antivirus/malware solution at the enterprise level; utilize LANDesk to do software deployments; incorporate inventory tracking solution.

Worked for Emerson Process Management? Contribute to the Community!