Emerson Process Management

Emerson Process Management Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Emerson Process Management Chairman & CEO David N Farr

David N Farr

Pros
  • Very good work - life balance, with flexible schedule for some positions (in 21 reviews)

• Continuously growing company and a lax work environment that was rewarding and not stressful (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work/life balance due to frequent business trips required (in 8 reviews)

• Some silo effect between business units (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

EPM has been a company that supports personal development through an effective tuition reimbursement program.

Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) Chanhassen, MN

ProsFlexible schedules support educational endevours and are encouraging for anyone looking to further their education. They offer good benefits. The profit sharing is very generous.

ConsLimited opportunities in certain fields. People are going to school for certain business fields but are not getting opportunities within the company and are forced to look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore management backing for certain much needed changes.

Great place to work with great people.

Engineer (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsLots going on with the oil and gas boom. This is a global company with a lot of opportunity to grow. This is a stable company with a long term future.

ConsThis is a sub set of the larger Emerson company. The people here work hard and I don't have anything negative to say.

Old fashioned, ran by men

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot chance to advance, very close minded

ConsNot chance to advance, very close minded a man's man business

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to new ideas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

International experience with a well known multinational corporation

ProsProfessionals with integrity. Lots of opportunity. stable. Fair.

ConsBig and slow at times. Some ambiguity associated with the matrix structures. Some silo effect between business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise and broaden the sales mentality to integrate a lifecycle approach to revenues that includes sales and service. Instigate competitive in sales pricing as appropriate to capture service revenue as components of the overall marketing strategy.

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brenham, TX

ProsChallenging work, great people to work with.

ConsP I Components is a small company assimilated to Emerson. It was still going through growth pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people are good.

Good Working Facility

Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) Chanhassen, MN

ProsGreat management, good breaks, superb paid, enjoyable works, hours are straight on.

I work there as a temp for close to 8 months. The facility was nice and easy to navigate. Both the supervisor and IB3s there were friendly and helpful though arrogant at times but they are very professional ppl and are always willing to lend a hand. They had me work on the line doing hipot and calibration as well as making tag and assembling parts to units.

The work hours are great, I work on a ten hour shift with three breaks in between each and with two more stretch breaks in between those too. In all, there were really five breaks altogether, quite a lot if you ask me and the paid was generously good too about $13 per hour.

ConsCo-workers shows lack of team spirits, parking are limited.

It was a fun thorough job, the problem is its also require a lot of accurate memorization and procedure look-up as there are many different units or product that required different parts to be assemble. The only problem I had while working there was the lack of team effort in some of the co-workers, though I say 40% of the employees there are helpful, the rest are either arrogant or just plain too sarcastic. It's really hard to work with the arrogant or sarcastic ones but whenever I get the chance to work with the more helpful ones, it really made my day.

Fortunately my time there wasn't without problem. There are way too many foreigners working there, usually it's hard to tell whether they are criticizing you or talking trash about you. Other than the arrogant co-workers, I say the job there was great. I really have fun working there, the paid was good, breaks are evenly schedule, and management were helpful.

Another thing that could be a problem there was the parking, as a temp I can't park in any of the long-term employee parking space as those were reserved but I could park there after 2 PM so that's good but only for 2nd shift ppl, 1st shift workers will had to endure staying on the farther end of the parking lot. Overall I had to say this facility's not bad, management are good, hours are good, and paid was very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing that needs to be improved are the co-workers, I know everyone had problems but whenever you're at work, you need to show a team spirit and willing to assist others, I found that to be lacking with rest of the crew there except for the 40% that were helpful.

My experience has been very rewarding

ProsStable employment, people are friendly and decent benefits.

ConsAdvancement takes many years to achieve.

Strong culture that values loyalty

Project Manager (Former Employee) Round Rock, TX

ProsLow drama work environment with quality professionals. Middle market compensation, but a great corporate culture that values loyalty. This company is truly global with great opportunity to work transnationally. A great place to build a career.

ConsFinding the right spot for anyone outside of engineering can be tough. Negotiating the many levels of business units underneath the EPM umbrella and under the Emerson Corporate Umbrella can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more flexibility to allow for better work-life balance. Policies are not supportive of flexible work schedules or telecommuting arrangements.

I loved my job

Sales Faciltator (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsWorking with my sales force

ConsI was in the busiest area of the country by myself

Neutral

ProsGood work environment and company culture

ConsSlow career development and not much growth within the company

Worked for Emerson Process Management? Contribute to the Community!