Emerson

Emerson Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Emerson Chairman and CEO David N. Farr

David N. Farr

Pros
  • In general work / life balance is good for most people(in 15 reviews)

• Stable company, well organized, decent work-life balance, good training(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Career Growth and Work life balance(in 3 reviews)

• just like any other big company(in 4 reviews)

Why I love working for Emerson

Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- Most of the managers / directors are highly skilled individuals who employees can look up to and be inspired by (I am proud to say that even after working for my manager for several years, my respect for him has continuously grown as he always finds new ways to impress me).

- The company invests a lot into employee trainings and, being such a large and global organization, it also offers plenty of development options for driven and talented individuals.

- Upper management is not only friendly but also sets clear goals and expectations so that people are constantly aware of what the overarching organizational goals are.

- Ethics is truly a core value and I am pleased to say that this is one of the most fair and honest places I have ever worked.

ConsBeing such a large scale organization, change (at any level) is pretty slow. However, I believe this to be a CON for most large scale organizations - not just Emerson in particular.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should spend more time growing their people. This would ensure that people are constantly challenged and that they will be ready to take the next step in the organization when the time is right.

Good company to make a career with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood pay, benefits, potential to move within the organization to other companies in the portfolio, training opportunities. If you make smart choices you could spend your entire career in this company. Emerson has a portfolio of companies and the span the globe. Within my division alone was Intermetro Industries, Ridge Tool, Closet Maid, Insinkerator and there are Emerson climate tech, and others.

ConsI was laid off when the company moved work to PA and I didnt want to move. They were generous with my severance package, but I was a manager. I don't think the workers fared as well.

Great Place to Work

Intern (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGym membership, doctor on site with no fees

ConsUnderstanding matricies of the hierarchy of people

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide up front training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, environment and lots of room for growth if you have what it takes.

Senior Lead Analyst (Current Employee) Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

ProsLot's of trainings, good pay and lot of good people. Just need to make sure that the management knows what your goals are.

Consaverage benefits
    some departments have problems with manpower and they tend to work long hours.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to further improve on continuous improvement opportunities.

I had a good time at this company

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Manila, Manila (Philippines)

ProsI had a good time at this company. The people were wonderful and the management was good.

ConsIn terms of Information Technology they were behind. If you think about it not such a big con.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry looking into exotic materials like carbon nanotube etc.

Best company I ever worked for.

Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsThe pay was good, the work was fun and I worked with a great group of people. I would recommend it. I was really disappointed when I was laid-off.

ConsThere weren't really a lot of negatives, just that there is heavy travel and miles on your car. Otherwise it was really good.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people know what is going on.

Emerson is big, global and diverse with good job opportunities for motivated people.

Executive Level (Current Employee)

ProsStable, smart management who run the company's diverse business platforms through management processes developed and improved over decades. Politics are minimal.

ConsCan be slow to change. Sometimes can be too conservative. Some business platforms are much more progressive than others. Compensation and benefit levels are generally competitive, and the company focuses on rentention through career opportunity, good management and communication rather than being the top payer in any given location. Generally this works for them pretty well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Buttoned down midwestern company that's exceedingly good at operating and growing a business

Strategic Planner (Former Employee)

ProsFact based, low on politics, analytically rigorous. High on ethics. Innovative products.

ConsToo Saint Louis centric; Starting to be more imaginative

It was a very rewarding experience and an equal opportunity comapny.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey take care of their employees including providing a balance life cylce environment.

Consi cannot say that it is a cons but you need to be prepared for training with respect to the company's innovation plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, especially the GLI program of EPM.

Free to pursue one's career in a constructive manner

ProsSmart people and an atmosphere that encourages open debate. It's a friendly and supportive culture that makes it a pleasure going to the office. very little in the way of politics.

ConsSome facilities are in not very desirable locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward thoughtful risk taking.

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!