Eminata Group Reviews

CEO

1. Instructor

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Eminata Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are good and then ore is simple enough.

Cons

The pay is terrible and management is constantly changing.

Advice to Management

Stop paying people in 2008 wages

Don't even think about it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Eminata Group full-time

Pros

Uhmmm I am stumped... moving on. Seriously though... I not much in the way of pros.

Cons

From a corporate view, they couldn't care less about you. Locally, my managers are for the most part ok. Other staff I work with are great. Low pay, laughable benefits, no raises... EVER, No possible way to stand out and get noticed. Once it's determined that they have no use for you anymore, you're gone! Revolving door of employees. They have to stop hiring students to become instructors. There are some gems in the instructor base, teaching degrees, PhD's etc... but that is few and far between. Micromanagement seems to be the key in this company along with an "old School" work philosophy. People have lives Eminata Group! Let us live them for god's sake!

Advice to Management

Hire a competent instructor base... Period! Stop hiring graduated students to teach! Your whole company is about teaching. Every department from upper management down to the lowest employee are there to support teaching. You will need to also do a bit of research to find out what teachers should actually be paid, because I don't think you know. Hey Peter... Stop spending the Inc's money on your other projects. I'm sick of hearing that we almost didn't get paid because you took all the money... again. Get rid of commission's for Rep's... Pay them more instead. It breeds hate, contempt and leads to a poisoned work place when reps are backstabbing and stealing leads etc.

3. Unprofessional Staff lead to negative environment

Former Employee - Admissions Representative
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative

I worked at Eminata Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some staff members were very caring and good with students.

Cons

Unfortunately the cons out way the pros. Very unprofessional work environment. Management needs to have more experience. Hiring past students is not working for this business.

Advice to Management

Hire more managers with experience. Do not allow management to develop relationships with employees and show preference to certain ones. Start caring about your employees and turnover will not be as bad. Also practice what you preach if you want to provide the best education for people then actually care about the students and help them.

Do not waste your time & money

Former Employee - Instructor in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Instructor in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Eminata Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the coworkers were very nice.

Cons

This highly unprofessional educational establishment will leave both employee and student disappointed and frustrated. Everything is wrong about this place, from the drab and run down environment to the disrespectful and unprofessional way one is treated. As a former employee I stood up against what I believed to be right and now I am a former employee. If you aren't willing to give up your life, both as a student and an employee, then you will not make it here. Students are tremendously overcharged for their tuition and instructors are severely underpaid. The college is more concerned about their "numbers" that the students and will pass pretty much everyone, just to keep Head Office happy.

Advice to Management

Management needs to take some courses in how to manage.

Low Pay, No Respect & Frustrating

Current Employee - Instructor in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Instructor in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Teaching is rewarding and feels good when your students get a job and say thank you.

Cons

Very low pay, no raise in years, use & throw policy of the company is disturbing and very frustrating. You will be fired once you are used enough by the company. Not sure we better pursue this matter to Better business bureau or Alberta Labour board. Any suggestions please

Advice to Management

Give your employees a raise at least at a rate of inflation. Better pay and benefits motivates your employees You guys are making hundreds of thousands per month from our (all employees) work and hesitate to give us any raise. .This is simply unfair. Wake up management people before it's too late.

Lack of professionalism

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Helping people change their lives by getting an education.

Cons

Lack of professionalism by staff including inappropriate dress, swearing in front of students, a lot of gossip. We were expected to sell really expensive programs that would cost half the price if they went to another institutions. We were encouraged to be hostile towards other Admissions Representatives in our sister schools and steal their students. Negative atmosphere that was felt by many students and staff

Advice to Management

You need to do some serious team building to raise morale. Your compensatition structure is extremely low and not explained thoroughly in the interview. Lower tuition prices would get more students to enroll in classes.

8. Outstanding Company

Current Employee - Admissions Representative (Sales Consultant) in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Eminata Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about the community.

Cons

I look forward to working with them again in the future. Timing wasn't the best during my tenure.

Advice to Management

Perhaps the management can implement a more aggressive adoption of new technologies.

9. Always felt like an outsider. Everything is a struggle.

Former Employee - InstructorInstructor in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - InstructorInstructor in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I worked at Eminata Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is sufficient freedom in delivery of the curriculum to give students what they need rather than slavishly following the often outdated course materials.

Cons

Very disorganized organization. Curriculum and course materials are frequently out of date. High expectations on instructors to work many unpaid hours. It is a PRIVATE college environment, so expect the dollar to outweigh the students' needs at every turn.

Advice to Management

Walk your talk.

This company is a sinking ship.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Eminata Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility with working at home or in the office. Ability to set your own schedule and work with minimal supervision.

Cons

Benefits are the lowest of anyone I know, they give you the minimum of everything (vacation, sick time, etc). They don't cover your health care or MSP and don't offer any RRSP matching or bonuses of any sort. They haven't given raises for 2 years in a row. The value system is a joke, no one (as far as I can tell) really believes in what we're doing. A lot of practices are a bit shady. Management has no business training and goes back and forth between strategies. They've expanded too fast and are now cash-poor and can't pay bills.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some incentive to work for you in the form of better benefits Don't expand so fast yet 'lay off' a third of the workforce Bring in some people with actual business training

Unwilling to adjust to change

I have been working at Eminata Group full-time

Pros

Fair bit of freedom as senior management to manage your day/affairs. Ability to step up and do work beyond your normal tasks and help shape comrorate direction.

Cons

If time are good, things are fantastic. In times of financial change and challenge, first reaction is to sacrifice people and overload remaining workers in the name of profit. Extremely political work environment set up to isolate players and limit communication for the sake of control at higher levels.

Advice to Management

Invest in people and look beyond simple profits to help create a stronger workforce.

RSS Feed </> Embed