Empereon Marketing Reviews

Travis Bowley

1. Great Energy!

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Empereon Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic management team, excellent growth and advancement opportunities, high energy sales environment.

Cons

Flexing constantly based on business demands - great environment if you like a dynamic and fast-paced job.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

2. Assistance manager

Former Employee - Assistance Manager for Sles Representative With Directv in Peoria, AZ

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's constinstance money by the hours you put in and off your commission.

Cons

There isn't really any downsides to working with that.company

Advice to Management

Just keep your employees motivated to do there job it's there job to come to work positive and your job to keep them that way.

3. Non-Professional

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The application & interview process was easy. Almost anyone can get hired.

Cons

They chant too loudly, too often while on the phone. You get many calls with wrong information! They do not train you very well and no one is on the same page when it comes to product knowledge and it's ridiculous they won't allow you to have a snack at your desk or secured drink besides water considering they only give you a hour lunch after 4hrs of your 8 or plus hours! The environment is very high school and non-Professional.

Advice to Management

Have more information and coaching to give to your team & employees!

5. Run away and never look back

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Glendale, AZ

Pros

Easy to apply and get hired anyone can get hired here

Cons

Omg where do I start they say they spend thousands on training you about dtv, when you only learn the basics then get thrown on the sales for only for QA and the big shots to yell at you for loosing "no fee's" they say they care about the customer they don't it's all about the sale and if you loose alot of sale opportunities they send you home. They have what's called a hot seat where they put u in "time out" for doing so poorly the previous day. They do by pay much for bonuses you only make good money if you meet all the metrics. I thought it was a nice place until everyone kept leaving and none of the supervisors no alot and barley want to help with cranky customers. All they do is call for pricing and then yell at you for false advertising. Just run away and never return.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees and potential employees and listen to them give longer breaks we can choke on our food

6. Dismal

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peoria, AZ

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The requirement here is to provide at least five words.

Cons

I should have known something was up when I saw that the head trainer was driving a beater. Over the next couple of weeks, I noticed that almost all the employees were driving hoopties, an indication that the compensation wasn't what was promised. I've worked at a number of call centers and CSRs almost always use bonuses to upgrade their ride. Take a look at the Empereon employee parking lot and you'd think you were at a scrap yard. On top of that, employees are micromanaged with just two 25-minute breaks for an eight-hour shift - there's no lunch, just those two breaks. There's no coffee allowed on the production floor (in a call center sales environment!), the commission structure is constantly being tweaked to maximize the company's profits and management is intellectually bereft. There's a reason why this company is constantly hiring and employee retention is so low.

Advice to Management

Quit taking money out of the pockets of the people who are writing your check.

7. Telemarketing is hell

Former Employee - Telemarketer
    Former Employee - Telemarketer

Pros

The company does a good job of promoting from within. You also get benefits in insurance coverage and since I was working inbound with DirecTV I was eligible to receive free DirecTV.

Cons

If you have an education or are looking to gain a college education, this should strictly be a summer job. The hours are long and you're constantly on the phone with a lot of people who don't want to be talking to you. Can be quite taxing.

Advice to Management

Honestly, for the type of job it is and the type of talent they have to pick, management is doing a pretty good job. However, there did seem to be the habit that pretty girls got promoted faster.

8. My experience working for the company felt like an family atmosphere , due to my Supervisor who was very caring.

Former Employee - Data Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

If you where in need of help almost anyone was willing to do so , it was a warm zone ,and the best part was working for the direct TV department enable me to receive free Direct TV

Cons

Growth , was not much room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Care for the people that work for you , it makes a difference cut out high turn over

9. Professional and knowledgeable in that i learned a lot there about cable, hsi, phone, and myself.

I have been working at Empereon Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love that i worked at Empereon Marketing for a couple of reasons. For instance i never realized how good i am at being a sales associate, and working high octane stressful environments.

Cons

Financial struggles were a killer, human resources was unresponsive to many problems. Also i worked there for 5 years as a top salesman with no opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Go with advancement opportunities as a fair relevance.

10. Run away from any job here

Former Employee - Management in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Management in Aurora, CO

I worked at Empereon Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro for this company is the lack of a drug screen so if you're having issues with that go ahead and apply.

Cons

Poor management. Rampant favoritism. Bait and switch for customer service agents. They expect total loyalty and return none. They don't listen to their employees when it comes to suggestions for improvement or change.

Advice to Management

Management won't listen to advice so giving it here is unnecessary. Unless they change their entire business culture it's not going to do any good.

11. Not a good place to work at.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

They will hire practically anyone so you have a chance to get a job if searching for one.

Cons

They expect you to put in your blood and sweat for crappy pay. They will squeeze you out like a lemon and will do so by keeping your wage as minimal as possible. They are sheisty in their sales techniques, client relations amongst other procedures that take place at that company.

Advice to Management

You get what you pay for. They need a proper training class for management and they can avoid all the headaches caused from managers who do not know how to do anything but flaunt their badges.

RSS Feed </> Embed