Empereon Marketing

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Travis Bowley

Outstanding place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsAdvancement opportunities, fun environment, uncapped bonuses and good base pay.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say about Empereon Marketing. If there was a "con" It would be that there isn't a 401k plan for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

just say no to empereon

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

Prosits a job between jobs

Consthey do not follow the dnc rules and also call calif at 6am in the morning . say they will remove a persons number as requested. and do not do so all the time when a customer asks. call the same house several times a day or week for months. i would call that stalking if some one would call me and i asked them not to and did not stop. sales at any price even is it is wrong. the majority of persons hired are out of a halfway house and they ask for your credit card #

Advice to Senior Managementdont hire felons dont put felons in supervisors position and tell them sales at any cost . for the supervisors will make the callers lie to the customers to make the sale. it gives them way to much power . tho i guess if you want your sales to go up and dont care how hire a thief or conman to do the job and if caught just fire that person. no problems for the company that way i worked there for three years and it did get worse as they expanded the company . good luck

Alright

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIf you need a job until you find the right job that comes along

Consnot getting paid on time....bs answer why you were not getting your money

Advice to Senior Managementstop passing up good people who work hard and have the right work ethics!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management only cares about their paychecks

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI thought the training was great - very thorough - which is even more confounding because of how you are treated once aboard.

ConsI've worked in a lot of industries and have never seen such turnover. Some of the Denver supervisors are very nice but a few have terrible people skills/nasty attitudes which caused a few people on my team to quit.

But the biggest problem is the bonus system, which is based on a complicate set of metrics over which you have little control. As such, you can have a great week with a high number of sales and still not get a single dollar in commission. Most don't and that's why every week we lose more and more people. And supervisors keep you in the dark regarding your numbers. It's as though they bonus if you don't.

In sales, you often get better with experience, so it perplexes me that the company doesn't do all it can to stop the bleeding of talent. I've seen a lot of good salespeople because their efforts aren't justly rewarded. Why spend thousands training people only to have them leave within a few weeks?

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a commission structure that rewards total sales and then have multipliers for different factors. Minimum wage + small attendance bonus isn't sustainable.

Frustrating

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThere were no pros to the job unless you made sales so that you could get the sales bonus

Conssales, lack of integrity, lack of trustworthiness

Advice to Senior ManagementTo hire people that have integrity and that are honest

Average at best

Marketing Representative (Former Employee)

ProsProvide you with a hourly wage that is reasonable. Incentives to push more sales on phone calls beside cash, which usually does the trick. Standard working shifts.

ConsLine managers are generally very, very, bad. Promotions come from within so many positions such as IT, line managers, quality assurance, and more are run by people who management deems fit for the job. Oftentimes, this leads to incompetency. The atmosphere is horrible and in-conducive to work. Most people are extremely unprofessional. Management uses shady business practices to bill client company for hours. (EX: my line met the weekly quota and was sent home early, but the management let the computers log billable hours. They also keep the billing software running while you take bathroom, smoke, and lunch/dinner breaks. Allowing the business to overcharge it's client). Employees walk a fine line by having bonuses, which make the job viable, withheld due to strict hours policy. Client companies need to know how awful the services rendered by the Empereon truly are and that the practices of management are deceitful at best. I'm sure the company will continue to profit in the future so the job stability is decent, but most employees become burnt out and quit after a few months.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you plan on promoting from within, do so based on merit on prejudice and if not outsource your lower level management. There are plenty of college graduates looking for jobs that will do better than the current staff. Treat employees as people not billable hours. Act professional and with a shred of integrity.

Good opportunity to build sales skills

ProsLots of calls to try new ideas and to learn to sell

ConsAt the time lots of clicks

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees ideas and be open

Empereon in COLORADOis Crime Infested with Some Horrible Inbound Supervision

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThere are some nice people who come there to work, get a check and go home

ConsIt is totally Unprofessional, Rap music blaring All - day - long while you try to take calls, customers asking "are you at a party?", supervisors who have no know idea what they are talking about when you ask them questions. People stealing your belongings (from food out of the fridge to personal things because they don't have enough lockers and you cannot take anything inside with you). Supervisors asking to search your phone---really? Suspensions and terminations with no proof! No Labor information visible anywhere to tell us our rights! Playing games all day then wondering why sales are low, reps winning prizes that are eventually taken out of our checks. I could go and on, but just apply and see for yourself! Oh and keep in mind you only make $10.00 an hr if you are there 39.5 hours, go below that and what they call your "attendance bonus" is affected then you only make $7.64 an hr this includes when "they" send you home for low sales!

Advice to Senior ManagementDirectv needs to send someone in undercover to really look at what they have invested in and just who is controlling their sales --- and to Empereon upper management gain some control-- you want us to control the conversation with the customer, but you cannot control your low quality supervisors who have been unleashed on the rest of us!

It's High School All Over

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Las Cruces, NM

ProsThe pay is great. Making +$10 is better than making $7.50 at McDonalds. The bonuses are also a plus.

ConsI have been working for this company for a very long time. I have seen events unfold that was brought to HR's attention. That event, in a professional business, would have caused a series of disciplinary action; yet nothing occurred. There is too much favoritism, including the management level. The company lacks morals and values. You also have management participating in gossip and rumors. There is no professionalism present at the company. The only time you will see a glimpse of professionalism is when the company's client is visiting the location.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to respect your employees and maybe take some management classes. People in management should be required to have at least a High School diploma or a GED.

VERY GOOD - this place is clean and the people are great to work with. Is a high stress envoroment though which I like.

TSR (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMany pros - pay, facility, management, recognition and bonus structure....

ConsNone really I have enjoyed my time here :)

Advice to Senior ManagementLes stress would help for some but I thrive on it :)

Worked for Empereon Marketing? Contribute to the Community!