Empire Bank

Add Photos

Russ Marquat

Great local bank

Springfield, MO

ProsRetail management is in tune to the challenges and opportunities of the front-line staff. Therefore, sales goals are typically reasonable and easy to achieve. Sales incentive can be lucrative for this type of position for motivated individuals.

ConsManagement is quick to think idealistic as opposed to realistic. Promotions are often given based on politics as opposed to who possesses the better skill set and/or education.

Empire Bank Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsThe hours are good and you get paid holidays. I was lucky enough to work with some great people and meet some wonderful customers.

ConsThere is a lot of politics that go on at Empire Bank. You're just a number at this bank and they make sure you are aware of that. They don't practice teamwork. It's every man for themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice for this bank would be to send your management to some kind of management training where they can be trained properly. My last manager and assistant manager had poor communication. Due to the lack of communication I would be reprimanded for things I either didn't do or was informed improperly to do only to be later reprimanded by the other. Teamwork is very important and needs to be established in the company.

Although I loved my actual job and customers, there was no team environment, making it difficult and stressful at times.

Bank Teller (Former Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsThe customers are extremely friendly. Overall the job is easy.

ConsThere was no "team" environment. I was responsible for the tasks that the lead teller should have been in charge of, such as balancing the vault totals and cashier's checks. There was no recognition whatsoever for hard work and excellent customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you recognize those employees who truly go above and beyond for their customers and the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very satisfied, excellent part-time job while in school

Teller (Former Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsEmpire Bank treats all it's employees with dignity and respect and provides them with continual feedback on job performance. The opportunities for advancement within the company are numerous and Empire Bank will promote an internal employee before hiring and outside applicant. A sales culture exists and is spreading throughout all levels of the bank. Nearly every employee receives the same training on customer service and etiquette, from maintenance to senior management.

ConsThe sales culture has yet to become completely fluid in its operation. I experienced many problems with the referral rewards system and often lost bonuses because of it. Some senior management, namely HR, wasn't as effective and professional as other leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue fine-tuning iSTEP and spread it through all levels of the bank. Rethink some of the "old" ways of doing business (ex: praying before a meal is not acceptable).

Good place to work

IT Support (Current Employee)

ProsPeople coworkers are very nice. The customers are really friendly and the location is nice. The holidays are a bonus as well. The leave time is wonderful they are very grenerous if you need to time off for family reasons. They truely care about the employees if they have health issues. If you are an older person like I am this is especially important if you have health concerns yourself or if you have a family member that is older and ill. Overall this is a very good place to work and I would recommend it to others and have.

ConsThe long hours, the pay isnt the greatest.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees, listen to customers wants and needs. Give more feedback, make more of an effort to see employees on a one on one basis.

Worked for Empire Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Empire Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Empire Bank CEO Russ Marquat. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Empire Bank employees.