Empire Today Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
180 reviews filtered by
3.3
Todd Dickson

Pros
  • Dynamic workplace with great people who are 100% oriented towards customer service (in 12 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money (1099-MIsc (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not Enough Money For The Gas And Wear And Tear On Your Car (in 6 reviews)

• You need to become a corporation (costs money) No benefits (in 10 reviews)

1. AWESOME Atmosphere with Fun and Respectful Employees - Great place to grow in and have as a life-long career!!!

Current Employee - Media Assistant in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Media Assistant in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Empire Today full-time

Pros

Atmosphere (people I work with), benefits and compensation, advancement opportunities, management is superb, training is limited, but I didn't need a lot of it, work-life balance (option of working from home one day a week), company perks

Cons

PTO is a bit low, but it increases with experience/years with company, which is understandable; distance - but will be moving soon, so the commute will change and that is really it.

I have never met the CEO or CFO of the company; however, the Director of Media - Jeff Fosdick knows and lives Media. He is friendly and cheerful and provides a great atmosphere for the media team. He demands a high level of professionalism and hard work in the department and if we're not measuring up to his expectations/needs then he will tell us. He always has his door open and even though I may have a biased opinion, he is one of the best managers I have EVER had. The Chief Officer of Marketing - Keith Weinburger, I have only been introduced to and as far as Keith is concerned from the short time I spoke to him, he seemed like a very respectful, intelligent individual who is a great asset to the Empire Today team. I absolutely LOVE Empire Today, LLC!!

2. workday

I worked at Empire Today

Pros

a lot of leadsto utilize

Cons

the sales meetings were too early for me

3. Great place to work for, great place to find friends...

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

People are really nice and helpful. If you are just starting your career, there are experienced people who will train you properly. If you are someone with experience looking for new opportunities, Empire Today is always welcoming open minded professionals. ZERO tolerance for rudeness.

Cons

Parking can be a hustle in cold days. It is kind of far and when contractors are loading their vans, it could be difficult to find a spot.

I have been working for Empire Today for many years and noticed positive changes within the company. It became a workers-friendly environment and as long as it goes this way, everybody should be happy.

5. Empire

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Doraville, GA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Doraville, GA

I worked at Empire Today as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to your own schedule

Cons

Commission based; must keep track of your leads or someone will steal your order.

see above con

6. RUN AWAY , DONT WALK , JUST TURN AROUND AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Empire Today full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Name Recognition is the only pro that you have going for you as a sales rep. Lots of leads if you are young and looking to gain some experience.

Cons

No benefits, No base pay, No gas allowance, Nothing....this is a perfect example of the juice is not worth the squeeze, at least for a professional sales rep, promises of 12% commissions are a very rare exception to the rule, you will get 4% on all your deals, period. You have to cover all expenses. Leads are 50-90 miles away. Very high demands, threats to stop leads if you don't show up for meetings (as an independent contractor), Very slimy high pressure selling environment.

Hire professional sales reps as employees and keep them, rather than having a training class every 2 weeks to hire new people.

Abominably unfair and horrible place to be a sales contractor Go elsewhere where they are better organized

Current Employee - Sales Contractor in Odenton, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Contractor in Odenton, MD

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

Meeting and working with people if you like doing that. ….Working without having a direct supervisor on top of you. Very little of anything else is pro. Having a job so you really appreciate your next job

Cons

This is a horrible company to try to make any money with. You will wear out your car. DO NOT waste your time and do this unless you need that pay as you learn for a few weeks then leave like someone said here that is better than sitting home. while you look for a job.

Balance it out customers more so everyone can at least make a McDonald's employee profit when they are done….. better than going broke …...and stop making a tiny few rich with big money leads. There are a lot more people than you think that are just as effective.

Marketing Coordinator

I worked at Empire Today

Pros

There were involved managers and customers know the brand well.

Cons

There is little chance of moving up no matter how well you do. The only way to move up was to become an LLC and sell.

Don't Even Think About Working A Sales Job Here - EVEN If You Are COMPLETELY DESPERATE

Current Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely ZERO this place is SLIMY

Cons

Don't waste your time working here keep looking for something else. You will make no money.... they put excellent sales people out in the field chasing down the worst leads .........you will become a human pooper scooper just taking out their garbage. All these positive reviews online are just made up spam by Empire management. They pay 4% on most sales which won't be enough to even cover your gas. Highly likely you will get even a few crummy leads after a couple week's of running leads as they only give them to people in the "inner circle" Training is a joke lots of promise's but the reality WILL SCARE YOU......If you need $ just do the training and bail out !

Get a life and stop working an 80hr week micro managing your workers !!

10. Good environment to work in with who makes every effort to take care of customers.

I have been working at Empire Today

Pros

Opportunity for people who work hard to be recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Need to hold local sales contractors more accountable for their actions.

Provide local field associates with live system access via tablets.

11. Part-Time pay, Full time job

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Empire Today full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This could be a decent job for a semi or retired person, that needs a few bucks and wants to keep busy. Unfortunately, this isn't a good choice if you want to make a living and support a family. Their products and services are good, prices I find to be competitive A typical sale, $2,500 in carpet would give sales rep about $ 90.00 gross income, then you need to deduct your expenses and time. Remember, you are an "independent sales rep" . I found that approx. 50% of the leads are qualified, meaning they understand the sales that are advertized also, quite a few only want a bedroom or a small space done, Empire has a minimum sale of $650 ish so you just wasted a hour or 2

Cons

Seems corp is more concerned with making the installers happy, then helping the sales rep succeed. HUGE turn around with sales per......red flag in my opinion! Treat the sales rep as second class citizen, ie, if you go to aa appointment, and customer isn't home, you have to call sales suppost, they inturn call the customer and if no answer they, customer support, ask you to describe the house!! there reason, alot of reps don't make the calls, heres a clue to the corp, when we get the sales appointment, we can google the street view of the house.

Provide better incentives to sales reps, stop spending a ton on training new reps every month and pay the existing reps a little more!