Empire Today

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Todd Dickson

Pros
  • Dynamic workplace with great people who are 100% oriented towards customer service (in 12 reviews)

• There is no drama in the work environment and we all get along (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Not Enough Money For The Gas And Wear And Tear On Your Car (in 6 reviews)

• You need to become a corporation (costs money) No benefits (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

A very good company to work for

In Home Sales Agent (Former Employee) Santa Fe Springs, CA

ProsThey provide leads for people that are interested in the products.

ConsThe leads slow down during the winter months

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach the employees to prospect, cold call while out on the interviews.

Great company but Buda needs more help in the office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Buda, TX

ProsI liked the experience its great if you like to meet new people every day.

ConsThe office needs better communication you pay the money to any one other than the office manager the money disappears.

fast-paced, change is constant. May seem haphazard at times to those who come from slower cultures.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslearning opportunities can be found and taken by the horns. the company has grown and expanded rapidly but also experienced a significant decline (like many other companies) during the housing/financial crisis.

Consbenefits are typical of retail industry. the company has grown and expanded rapidly but also experienced a significant decline (like many other companies) during the housing/financial crisis.

Advice to Senior Management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just an okay place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northlake, IL

ProsWorking for the company can gain one experience to the Construction field, which is rare for those not actually working with their hands. This opens up for many future opportunities.

ConsPotentially, there may not be any room for advancement. Many departments open and many department close, which means layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot likely.

Empire Today (Atlanta) - Great company for motivated salespeople. Money to be made and supportive management team.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you put in the work and know how to sell you can make six figures. The management in Atlanta is experienced, sets you up for success, and is always available to help. Occasional perks/promotions and overall great atmosphere. The Atlanta market and team is headed in the right direction. I definitely recommend to the right person.

ConsIf you can't sell, aren't motivated or don't want to work hard, then don't bother.

I love to work here. I seldomly have a day that I don't want to come to work

Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Northlake, IL

Prosmeet different people and everyone is very pleasant to work with

ConsI don't have any issue with the people i work with

The Best company to work for and flexable schedule.

Accountant (Current Employee) Northlake, IL

ProsVery friendly environment, flexible schedule, recognize to do good job, business casual, and good trainning.

Conslimited opportnities to grow since it small company,

Independent workers dream job!

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits and working hours. I really like that I control my day. There is always something new going on so it never gets boring.

ConsLack of a clear cut SOP that everyone follows. Lack of exposure. Seems like everyone is in silos and only looks within their area for talent for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot everyone knows how they can save the company money. It is truly the low hanging fruit that can make a difference.

Great place to work

Office Manager (Current Employee) North Haven, CT

ProsEmpire is a complany that is growing fast with many product, the new updates sound terrific for the future to come alot of the associates are very helpful and team players. I enjoy working for this company.

ConsIt would be nice that the Company recognized more the associated on the hard work and dedication to the company, it would be nice to get an increase with the state that people leave in, and defenited increase time off for the Salary employee after 8 years.

Advice to Senior Managementsometime is easy to get upset when things are not working the way they want and is easy to pin point, if you try to do that person job for a week, the Manager would have a better understanding the process and the good and bad on all position and sometimes no matter how much you try is a revalving door that other department my effect someone else.

My experiences in my tenure at Empire Today have been of both personal and company growth.

Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI feel that Empire Today is very employee focused with regards to providing opportunity for advancement. The company recognizes that our best future stars are the employees that we are currently training and coaching to drive our business to the next level.

ConsPersonally I feel that we are lacking in formal training processes for positions that impact the company. Although we are great at moving our people forward, we rely on experience to prepare them for the next step as opposed to having clear and defined templates in place to aid in thier success.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that the current ideology of Senior Management, to make this the company that we want it to be, is a very powerful message. I applaud the initiatives that have been discussed and am excited to be a part of and experience the future as it plays out.

Worked for Empire Today? Contribute to the Community!