Empire Today Reviews

Reset
3.7
Empire Today CEO Keith Weinberger
Keith Weinberger

Pros
  • Dynamic workplace with great people who are 100% oriented towards customer service (in 12 reviews)

• If you put in the hours you can make a lot of money (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Commission only no benefits for sales people (in 10 reviews)

• Install will speak poorly about the sales reps (in 8 reviews)

1. Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set schedule. Benefits are great. The CEO and his staff are friendly and take an interest in their employees concerns.

Cons

Some micro-managing with lower management. Problems (health, personal, etc.) don't get fixed at the lower levels, and require multiple complaints and "threats" to be rectified. A lot of favoritism amongst the leads and associates, covering up inability to meet the companies quality and quantity requirements. Leads are completing work for associates and are letting that associate take credit so they can maintain their quota.

Advice to Management

None for upper management. Leads are not monitored as closely as the associates, and they need to be.

order management

I have been working at Empire Today full-time

Pros

Job security in my current department, casual work environment

Cons

management is clueless about the order entry process, there are a lot of things they should be fixing but aren't fixing

Advice to Management

make your sales reps and installers permanent, non-contract employees who actually care about the business.

3. Excellent Career Company!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of pros working for a company that has been in business for so long and has markets throughout the country. Salary, benefits and opportunity for advancement being just a few. To me, the greatest pro has been the culture change in the last 6-9 months. Empire for me has always been a satisfying place for me to work, however we have changed the culture a bit and it has become even better. Focus on customer service is paramount but it starts with happy employees! Empire has made sure we are proceeding in that direction.Positive Interaction between the departments in each market and the markets with corporate make this work experience much more enjoyable.

Cons

If I was writing this a year or two ago I might have said the lack of interaction and cooperation between departments would have been the con. But like I said above that has changed dramatically

Advice to Management

Continue to move in a positive direction, of course for the company and customer but for employees as well. Maintain the flow of information between corporate and the markets!

Empire Today

I have been working at Empire Today full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Empire Today has an atmosphere where you can reach out to any person at any time, and not feel 'that person doesn't have time for me...'. I believe the company truly wants their people to succeed. The company's focus of 'building customers for life' is an aggressive goal every day. It is one that the customer doesn't always know what goes on behind the scenes to meet their requests, however as an employee, it's visible in the efforts put in. I feel the company treats its sales and install contractors with the utmost respect. The business model is different than most other locations, and if the contractors can work within this business model it is profitable for both. I appreciate the effort that the company has put into me, and feel that the company respects the effort that I've put back in. I feel the company has continually done the right thing by me.

Cons

The company is transitioning and my hope is that there continues to be improvement in communication to the field, as is already evident. There is much positive change already in process, and keeping us informed is key.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow for us to do what is best to build customers for life, make beautiful new floors easy, and keep us informed on what is going on with our company.

6. financial analyst

Pros

No real good pros about this company besides 401k

Cons

horrible managers, horrible communication and directions from manager to employees. Training is horrible. Stay away if you can waste of time.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate with employees better.

7. They can (and have) do better

Pros

Decent pay. Meet some great people through various vendors and interactions across the country.

Cons

No room for continuous growth. Additional learning and training would be good. Morale building activities no longer exist.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees better. Give praise where due and do not treat your employees as if they do not have value.

8. Former Employee

Pros

Great experience and friendly work environment. The current CEO is awesome.

Cons

We were often expected to work late hours.

Great money

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of potential to make great money Wonderful management and support.

Cons

Long hours and lots of driving

Advice to Management

Direct deposit for the sales reps

Senior Financial Analyst

Pros

Company was trying to provide a friendlier work place and began creating programs and events that kept the employees engaged.

Cons

The employees who have been there for a few years are very difficult to work with. Management is also horrible. Very judgmental, did not provide feedback on work, always cancelled meetings, did not provide appropriate training and expected a lot from you with minimal direction. Spent two months at my desk doing nothing waiting for projects.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Empire Today part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people with uncapped earnings potential. Excellent training and support and a ton of advertising.

Cons

You'll put a ton of miles on your car. No benefit package.

Advice to Management

Consider offering benefits.

RSS Feed </> Embed