Empire Today

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Todd Dickson

Pros
  • Dynamic workplace with great people who are 100% oriented towards customer service (in 12 reviews)

• There is no drama in the work environment and we all get along (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Not Enough Money For The Gas And Wear And Tear On Your Car (in 6 reviews)

• You need to become a corporation (costs money) No benefits (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

I've worked at Empire for several years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northlake, IL

ProsI feel like I'm part of a family here. I really enjoy the people that I work with. Management stands behind their employees if there are any problems. There are chances for advancement if you choose to seek a different position. I like the "free day" policy for perfect attendance.

ConsI wish that pay increases were larger. Benefits are average for most companies. I wish they would start company picnics, etc earlier so that employees who have very early shifts would be able to participate.

Great place to learn and interact with a lot of different departments and different people.

ProsFlexible hours depending on your position and manager and have the ability to work remotely. Business casual dress attire (jeans!) makes for a more relaxed atmosphere. Recieve credit for the work you do and can be quickly exposed to senior management.

ConsPeople are quickly removed when expectations are not met (don't over promise.) In-house systems and analytical tools are dated and can make analysis difficult and time consuming.

Take a salaried job at Empire Today begin your journey into Slave Labor Tommorrow

ASM (Current Employee)

ProsPeople you work with (peers not upper management) the best reasons to work at empire. Health care is almost decent.

ConsAssistant sales managers make 50'000.00 a year however you are expected to work a minimum of 80 hrs per week no joke, and are expected to work every Saturday unless you use your vacation time you will not get a day off with exception of Sundays, and that's because the office is closed. I have been with them for 8 months and the work environment is the absolute worse I have ever experienced. I have heard regional managers curse swear and scream at ASM,s on a regular basis. Empire also screens the appointments as if they are racially profiling, racist sales reps are matched up with customers who names fit their preferences for example:
    "..????? Is not going to run this lead look at the name(foreign or ethnic) Give him this one (English or Caucasian sounding name).

Advice to Senior ManagementHire upper management with actual management experience and training. Remember your management teams have lives, families. Working people into the ground with no off time does not help productivity, it only diminishes your peoples mental and physical health, even if you really don't care act like you do. You will have a staff that is 50% more productive, and will retain managers. My experience has been absolutely no quality of life, we receive letters from CEO about improving workplace, absolutely a pack of lies just to keep you hanging on, it's obscene.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In the beginning, working for Empire today has been a great but has quickly spiraled down to mediocre.

Install Coordinator (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe company is very flexible.

ConsThe departments do not work together as though we are one company and too many people putting the blame on each other and no respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my opinion, there is nothing to be said because things have been discussed on an on-going basis and nothing has changed.

The "right place, right time" for anyone who is proactive, intelligent, and willing to work hard.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northlake, IL

ProsDynamic workplace with great people who are 100% oriented towards customer service. Many opportunities to learn new systems & processes as most departments are interdependent. Managers are very "open-door" and receptive to employees' suggestions for positive change. Lots of fun activities and recognition days throughout the year to reward & motivate everyone.

ConsVery little advancement oppotunity for non-sales staff, even for lateral transfers. Work/life balance for non-salaried staff is largely dependent on the manager, as there is no real structure for it otherwise.

A corporate siting that’s fast pace with focus on providing quality service and customer satisfaction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northlake, IL

ProsWorking for Empire Today will give you experience in retail market and home improvement while working with friendly up beat people as a team. You will also gain experience on how to multitask’. Your ideas are considered and may be implemented with daily duties and there is room for growth.

ConsThere are alot of procedures that need approval from too many people are involved in that makes it difficult to certain issue resolved. In addition to having things done a certain way for years then it changes out of the blue without stating why its beneficial, but what company doesn’t have flaws.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more recitation for the smaller things done to help the growth of the company and say more of what is being done right then what is always being done wrong. Have more contest for perfect attendants etc. to bust mural.

A great place to work!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsYou have the ability to make plenty of money and still have a life outside of work. The managers are very supportive and helpful. They really want you to succeed and will work with you to get you there.The leads are also very good!

ConsLike any sales job, you have a lot of pressure to perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep supporting your sales reps, try to help alleviate some of the pressure they feel.

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northlake, IL

ProsA person spends much of his/her waking day at work, so it's important to feel valued and that the time spent at works makes a difference. That is how I feel about working at Empire. Ideas are seriously considered and work contributions are highly valued. The job I perform actually helps my coworkers to better succeed. The company has made significant strides over the last few years to add more fun to the workday. Management genuinely cares about the people as well as the bottom line.

ConsVery few holidays and limited PTO/vacation time.

Happy here

ProsI've worked here for seven years and am not looking to leave anytime soon. I'm always busy yet I'm able to achieve a reasonable work-life balance (unlike many other places where I've worked), which is important to me because of my family. I'm blessed to work for a boss I really like and respect. Also, the casual dresscode is a huge plus.

ConsThe time-off policy isn't the most generous I've ever seen. But my husband is a teacher, so my expectations may be unrealistic :)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, really.

Long time employee

ProsI have worked for Empire for nine years and they are a great company to work for. The company allows me to work flexible hours that give me a nice work-life balance. The environment in my department is fun and light-hearted while we still work hard.

ConsWhile my overall experience at Empire is a positive one, I feel that improvements could be made in the following areas:

- A better benefits package
    - The ability to work from home if feasible for your job function
    - Updated corporate office

I feel improvements in these areas would go a long way in recruiting and retaining top talent.

Worked for Empire Today? Contribute to the Community!