Empirian Property Management

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sam Moerman

Great Training and great co-workers

Property Manager (Former Employee)
Ocala, FL

I worked at Empirian Property Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraining was always available on line

ConsDid not own more properties in Ocala, Florida

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could have been more available

OK company

Property Manager (Former Employee)
Lansing, MI

I worked at Empirian Property Management full-time for more than a year

ProsJewish owned, which means lots of days off in September.
Room to grow (see cons)
Decent pay for work/position.

ConsDepending on the district you're in, promotions and raises can be based on your 'buddy' level with your supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't allow the management to get so personal with employees. It is one thing to have company outings, it is another thing to have binge drinking events with employees.

Take advantage and doesn't appreciate...

Service Tech (Former Employee)
Brownsburg, IN

I worked at Empirian Property Management full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe porperty was newer and therefor didn't have many issues

Consthey expect 120% but they don't give appropriate raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees!!! They do the work to make you susccessful!!!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I believe I would of been more satisfied at a minimum wage burger joint.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Richmond, IN

I worked at Empirian Property Management

ProsGreat pay, ample vacation time

ConsMore than they'll probably give me room to type here but...Poor district management, poor communication skills across the board, can never get parts even during an emergency, company expects you to shell out money to buy supplies and parts, denied several times for personal time for family emergencies, denied vacation time for lackluster reasoning, vendors never get paid, upper management treats lower management and field workers less than poorly, the company expects one person to do the work of two with no benifits, the company believes that they come first no matter what and it doesn't matter if it's your family, friends, or even your own health and safety...overall, if I had to suggest a place to work for someone who wasn't desperate. EPM would be the last company I would ever want them to work for. Oh, and lets not forget that I've never had a job that doesn't allow you to contact the corporate office to straighten out issues and actually threaten termination for doing so

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter the property management positions. I believe they should restructure and make new or current district and regional management take customer service classes to better treat lower employees and residents because as told by several residents on our properties. They don't make you feel welcomed when you have a problem and they surely don't treat their field employees the way they deserve. It's a show respect but don't get respect sort of scenerio for field employees.

Discrimination,Never paying lawyers or vendors,Bad business ethics.

Detroit, MI

ProsThere is nothing good I can say. / check BBB and make your decision

Consinvoices unpaid past one year!!
Discriminatory practices
no lawyers for eviction for over 4 months but corporate punishes your for unpaid delinquincies
no advertising due to non payment to rent.com
no carpet cleaners or housekeepers due to non payment/forced to rent nasty apartments

Advice to Senior ManagementSell or just go bankrupt you are not paying anything but mortgage.

Overall a good job.

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Empirian Property Management

ProsAutonomy and the ability to make your own decisions. Love being able to improve the property and keep / make residents happy.

ConsLimited budget, aging property. Some difficulty getting approval for capital improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the cutesy "contests" and "training" which seems out of touch with the field. Put your effort and money into pay, benefits, and property improvements.

Problems with this company

I have been working at Empirian Property Management

ProsGreat District Managers who truly care about the field staff.

ConsLeadership very poor from Empirian. Vendors not getting paid. Cutting hours across the portfolio to 35 hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your bills on time. You will save money in the long run. Don't blame your field staff for economic problems.

Company confusion

Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at Empirian Property Management

Pros30 days paid vacation is great!

ConsNew company still has to work out the "bugs". The owners don't have a clue about Property Management and make ill logical decisions by trying to micro manage over 300 properties.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe PO System isn't property friendly; In an emergency the resident is the one who suffers and that leads to a bad name for management.

A JOB

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Empirian Property Management

ProsExperience, paid the bills and allowed me to exercise my skills for growth and leadership in a difficult environment

ConsLack of mentoring, leadership and opportunity to grow and further my credentials

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide / promote / support professional growth opportunities. My belief is that the investment would benefit the company immensly.

This company is having major financial problems, which makes keeping a positive attitude very difficult!

I have been working at Empirian Property Management

ProsSince the company is having financial problems, no one is "breathing down your neck" to perform "miracles".
If I have a Resident complaint, and am following policy, my Supervisor backs me. Which is very important to me.

ConsAs mentioned before, keeping a positive attitude is very difficult, and upper management does not want to hear you have a bad day!

It is extremely difficult to keep a property at it's best when just getting basic supplies, such as paint, a hot water tank or just a garbage disposal may take weeks.

Residents were used to receiving great "perks" for renewing their lease. Now, rents keep increasing regardless of the condition of their apartment or the property.

Because the company needs money, there are high late fees, transfer fees etc, that are never "waived", even for a long term Resident with a good history.

Managers are left to deal with irate businesses waiting to get paid. We can not give them a phone number to call, we can't answer when payment might be made, and have no control because we have no budget. As a result, we lose vendors and are left on our own to deal with some major issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the upper management seems very out of touch with what is really going on at the property level. It would be helpful if EPM would have a face to face meeting with employees. I do not appreciate being "fed to the lions" regarding unpaid bills, open work requests or the condition of the property. If I vent to my Supervisor, she comments on my attitude!

Pay attention to long term employees! The "bonus" programs are bogus! Re-institute the "floating holiday" for an anniversary, appreciate more of the small steps a property makes! This is a very difficult job now!

Worked for Empirian Property Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Empirian Property Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Empirian Property Management CEO Sam Moerman. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Empirian Property Management employees.