Empirica

Be The First To
Add Photos

Etienne Roux

ok place to work

Prosbenifets, that's about it for this place

Conspay, they pass out money with a thimble

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees when they have ideas

Good place to get your feet wet

Mudlogger (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEmpirica has a large support infrastructure that is used inefficiently. Some good long-term assignments.

ConsPoor pay, poor equipment, lack of competent coworkers and management, Too many placeholders and not enough driven employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany complacent field employees, few to no happy/satisfied employees. This is the attitude the current management plan/style is producing. Pay your field staff more, a LOT more. Show them they ARE appreciated. Platitudes don't pay bills and incite more resentment towards the management.

Great Company

ProsGreat Benefits, Fair pay and fantastic coworkers

Consworkload fluctuates constantly due to rig activity

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clown in Burns Flat

Mud Logger (Current Employee) Burns Flat, OK

ProsHe is losing all the good help

ConsToo Numerous to start with just one.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange leadership or learn how to treat people. Very conniving and deceitful.

Better since new management took over the Appalachian office.

Surface Logger (Current Employee) Youngstown, OH

ProsLots of work during this time. I've stayed within 5 hours of my home base. Are pretty flexible with days off request

ConsLong hours - 12 hours. Have been away from home for over a month at a time. Old and slow. Raises are few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward jobs well done with bonuses. Update 15 yr old computers

management

Pros- There are people on the team that really look out for everyone. The foreigners treat us better than the locals at this company.

Cons- Roux needs to pick a new right hand man

Advice to Senior Management- Get raid of the dawson circus performers.

Take the good with the bad

ProsGood training and room to move up. Alot of work, good equipment and depending on you work at good locations

ConsSome (hold your tongue and say apple)......but thats everywhere you go. Be aware of JFD big (hold your tongue and say apple). Enough to make you wanna quit.LOL

Favoratism,Unprofessional, Low Pay (Compared to other)

Mudlogger (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPro's? Are you Serious? They have health insurance with a huge deductible

ConsTOO MANY DEADHEADS which is probably why they pay so little compared to other Surface Logging Companies. Logging software is the crap. Slow too. Huge turnover in employees. They charge crazy high day rates in order to meet huge managing & clerical dept salaries. Not the best company to be with during slow times. Low pay to field hands with promises for higher pay, but never pan out. They make double on mileage than employee.Dont make the mistake of working for Empirica. Their history and reputation is actually the worst. And dont let Managing dept post below fool you. Thats just an example of how crooked, underhanded and coniving they are. They will stop at nothing to get there way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat field hands better. They make your paycheck possible.

all around excellent Company - Houston/Gulf Coast

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLots of work, Great work atmosphere, room to grow and promote, experienced management that cares about the careers of the employees in their charge, great training program for new hires.

ConsNo complaints at all about the Gulf Coast Region.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

company's heading

Surface Logger (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros- Etienne Roux and the other top level managers know where they want to take the company

Cons-middle management and operations here in Houston suck big time

Advice to Senior Management-follow the leader!

Worked for Empirica? Contribute to the Community!