Empirica Reviews

2.6
Etienne Roux

Downhill Fast!

I worked at Empirica

Pros

none.It was great till the Dawson's got involved

Cons

Are you kidding me.Where do I start?

Do the company a favor and resign!

Last resort for entry level experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Empirica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A better than average benefit package.

Cons

- you will only get lip service from management.

- inconsistent work

- pay is a joke

- favoritism runs rampant throughout.

- don't expect any quality support while in the field.

Treat the people in the field making the money for all the do nothing office employees with respect. There is a reason the company has zero growth.

NO STARS SHOULD BE AN OPTION

I worked at Empirica full-time

Pros

*Benefits -except no vacation pay unless you work in the office. because office personnel is worth more than the people in the field getting dirty
    * If new to the company you will have your own rig to follow or if your a female with high management friends

Cons

* Treat the people who makes management their money like the dirt we look at
    * Favoritism
    * No VACATIONS unless you work in the office
    * Multiple Family Members in higher areas of Management without field experience tell experienced field people how they should do their job not know what it entails them self
    * If you make Supervisors mad they will leave you to sit at home until you quit before firing you
    * Backstabbers, Liars
    * Edmond and Burns Flat office poorly managed
    * unsafe practices
    * I could keep going but if you think this is complete BS posted come to work here yourself bring plenty of Aspirin for all the headaches you will endure.

This Advice is for the Australian Management. You have lost a lot of good hardworking, experienced,dedicated people do to the actions of these 2 offices alone as well as clients and potential clients, moral is the lowest it has ever been and if something does not change whenever you go to sell it you will lose money on the deal. I would recommend to clean house in the edmond and burns flat management.

This company is a joke.

I worked at Empirica

Pros

If you have no oil field experience this company will hire you.

Cons

The pay is ridiculous. The manager said I would be making 40K my first year. What he didn't mention is that 40K number includes mileage and per diem. When it came down to it I was making a little over 20k a year at a rate of 8.50 an hour.

Good luck... you'll need it.

Unprofessional workplace

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Empirica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A few good people employed with them - not many

Cons

Most of the employees working in the office are unprofessional and down right rude. Don't even get me started on the guys in operations.

Office personnel should act more professionally, treat each other including the mud loggers with a little bit of respect. Maybe you wouldn't have such a high turnover rate. Some of them may benefit from completing a course in basic business ethics.

No Thanks

Current Employee - Field
    Current Employee - Field

I have been working at Empirica full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Worked at the original company for many years and enjoyed every minute of it. Since the recent buy outs it has become a match o who can can crawl over whom to get to the top faster.

Cons

Unethical and backstabbing attitudes while they nickle and dime their revenue generating staff away.
    Management constantly changes
    Favoritism
    Unorganized

good luck with that...

Worst company I have ever seen.

Former Employee - Unit Manager/Mudlogger in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Manager/Mudlogger in Houston, TX

I worked at Empirica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing is they have a lot of work. They will give anyone a shot to try to work. You can take off when you need or want to.

Cons

Everything. They kept sending me green night hands that have never seen a rig. I worked several overtime hours training these people with no extra incentives, and I had to eat those hours, they wouldn't pay them. The pay scale is ridiculous, if you tell them you make this much at McDonalds, they'll pay it regardless of experience. The experience guys that just changed companies are getting paid much less. Extremely micro managed. Overall worst experience I have ever had. I worked for them for 6 months. I have been a mudlogger for 10 years.

Get rid of the morons. Pay the good guys, lose the trash. Get ready, 10 more decent guys are leaving soon.

Very short term employment, Not the best management

Current Employee - Surface Logger I in Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Surface Logger I in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Empirica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Always tried to honor request to stay closer to home.

Cons

Very little to non existent HSE department in the Eastern division, Bad work/life balance, Little opportunity for advancement.

Not sure if there are any Higher ups from Houston ever come out to check on their regional offices and do some rig visits. It would be nice to keep people on their toes with at least some surprise visits.

Get your basic experience and get out

Former Employee - Surface Logger in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Surface Logger in Houston, TX

I worked at Empirica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

*Health Benefits, Dental, Vision, Retirement plan
    *Great way to get experience in the oil and gas industry so you have an idea of where to go next.
    *Training program was smoothly run.
    *They seem to have a safety culture, but it is unclear how much of that is above and beyond minimum federal guidelines.

Cons

*The work is very inconsistent. Competent people hurt for hours while the slackers are given lots of work.
    *The expectation of working for a few weeks and then getting time off is not realistic. It's pulling teeth to get any (unpaid) time off. When you do ask for time off, expect them to take at least a week to get you work after you get back.
    *They appear to be constantly hiring people even though they claim to not have enough current jobs to keep more than a few people working.
    *The pay is atrocious. You'd be better off having two jobs and still end up ahead.
    *Communication is very poor. I was never sure who I had to report to after my training period was done. There were too many office people doing seemingly the same position. It was pulling teeth to get anything out of them in terms of expectations,
    *When you do quit, it won't matter if you give a two weeks or a two day notice, they'll cease all communication and instantly shut you out from your email as soon as they receive the letter.
    *Many of the office personnel show a clear disdain for the field employees, making the field employees much less satisfied with their jobs.

Treat your employees like they are really people. The loggers are the ones making you money, when you treat them badly they aren't going to want to work with the same amount of quality. How many contracts have been lost due to a dissatisfied logger? Actually compensate your employees, and if there really isn't much for them to do then maybe stop hiring so much. That is a large reason why the turnover is so high.

Unethical "Buyer Beware"

I worked at Empirica full-time

Pros

They throw money at management, great marketing and great turnover (so openings are always available)

Cons

Unethical, everyone is quick to step on others to get ahead, favoritism, inconsistent practices. It is a shame that such a great company fell off the wall, many of their key field staff, support or managers have either left or are eagerly seeking employment elsewhere.

Stop running a cheap service like it had the profits of a wireline company.