1-800 CONTACTS

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

Best employer I've ever had

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Onsite cafeteria (amazing food), onsite gym, great benefits, super happy and optimistic coworkers, good pay, and a lot of fun work and after work activities.

Cons

Normal cons that go with working in a call center environment, some pressure to keep sales up, calls pushed to you quickly after call has finished.

None

75 Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS (View Most Recent)

One of the best places to work in Utah for sure!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of opportunities to advance your career, they are the leader in their industry, they are so very flexible with your life outside of work, they have awesome events throughout the year for associates and their families, they treat employees very well, there;s an on-site cafeteria and gym, benefits are pretty good comparably, the list goes on and on...

Cons

Raises come annually which is great, but it's not much more than 3% to cover inflation.

I would search internally for top talent and help them jump-start their careers so they don't leave for more money to another company.

Great company to work for. Their vision "We take care of our associates, so they take care of our customers."

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Onsite cafeteria, film festivals, summer events, parties, recognition, the list goes on! The company is growing with glasses.com which has given more growth opportunity in the last year than we have seen in the 6 years I've been here and it will continue to grow.

Cons

Sometime hours can be long but we undestand the vision and sometimes it's required. They try to make sure we are recognized when major projects are accomplished and we try to have work/life balance whenever time allows.

I think with the new higher vacation benefits it will be easier to maintain a work/life balance but encouraging your associates to have that balance will help in the long run. Giving them "time away" when they are off as much as possible, meaning, limit emails and phone calls while they are off.

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS