There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

Used to be great

Current Employee - Rx Specialist in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Rx Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with some really great people. Cafeteria with subsided meal plan. Tuition reimbursement of $2500 for full time employees a year. 401k, medical and dental for working only 30 hrs a week.

Cons

Recently 1800 Contacts was sold and bought by another company. In the past 4 months things have gone down hill. This is also when Jonathan Coon retired from being our CEO. It use to be an amazing place to work. Since the purchase in January it has been non stop changes, which have been for the worse. Instead of $5000 a year for tuition its only $2500. The cost of benefits went way up, and how much you pay is no longer dependent on what you make. Vacation time is a joke. It is impossible to move up.

You need to understand that if it was not for the call center agents and Rx you would have no job. They do the dirty work of talking to the customers while you sit back and enjoy your paycheck.

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Apr 17, 2014HR Business Partner

This opinion does not reflect the most fundamental aspect of our Company culture which is the customer. We value customer service as one of the core pillars of our organization and are appalled that ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Enjoy my 3 months there

Former Employee - Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the employee perks. Cafeteria, onsite gym, other wellness offered, vision center, snacks in each department. They took a genuine interest in their employees and did whatever they needed to make them feel like a valued part of their team.

Cons

This was a temporary assignment for me and to be honest there were no cons, IMO. Just that at the end of my assignment I would have loved if there was a permanent position for me.

None at this time.

Gives you awards then fires you.

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS

Pros

Liked the location, free drinks free rolls

Cons

After working almost 3 years for this company and having fan mail (unsolicited compliments from customers ) each month, being relied upon to be a team leader and cheerleader, receiving many awards, and giving my heart and soul to the belief that this company was the best to work for ... Was fired without notice for supposedly avoiding calls. This consisted if starting to dial out while I checked my calendar to see if there was a follow up customer I should be calling at that time. I have since spoken to the legal department and human resources and my firing has supposedly been changed to a quit. How ridiculous and irresponsible to throw away a great employee without looking at the entire picture? In my opinion, it was the team leader that should be getting written up ... they are supposedly "there to help you succeed". I have 2 letters of recommendation from my previous managers and I received the directors award the month before I was escorted out of the building. I will never again recommend or be a cheerleader for this shortsighted company.

Look at the employees performance, reviews, praises, awards, etc then balance whether training or firing is the best option. Hire team leads that are good. Follow through with what you say is important.

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Apr 29, 2014HR Business Partner

As an employer that is recognized in so many forums as an employer of choice, we can respectfully state that the above representation does not contain all of the facts related to the decision to end ... More

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS