1-800 CONTACTS

www.1800contacts.com
  www.1800contacts.com
There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

My job at 1800 Contacts will one day turn into a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Draper, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture of the company is so strong, it has taught me to not only value customer service but to live it. Everyone I work with is my customer. The job & pay are average but the vast company activities make it well worth it. I look forward to every event.

Cons

With so many people loving the company, there is very little turn over. Moving up is hard to do because very few opportunities come along. I've been trying to move positions for a while & not gotten any.

View your employees potential. Help them move if they have expressed interest to.
Moving up is hard to do.

70 Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits. Company cares about its employees. Subsidized meals. Most co-workers are nice and intelligent. They encourage training and other factors to help further your career.

Cons

There is a lack of communication between departments. It gets pretty hard to do your job when other departments do not understand what it is you do, and even after explaining to multiple people multiple times, push back keep happening. There are also a high level of ego's.

Allow SME's to do their jobs and prove themselves.

1-800 CONTACTS Response

May 7, 2014HR Business Partner

We thank the Associate for the feedback provided on cross department communication. Communication between departments and between all levels of Associates at 1-800 CONTACTS is vital to our mission of ... More

Great company to work for, (2 1/2 yrs.) Their vision "We take care of our team because they take care of our customers"

Current Employee - Receiving Clerk, Inbound Operations  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Receiving Clerk, Inbound Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee perks (i.e. onsite cafeteria, subsidised meal cost, performance based bonus, Associate Development Programs, free eye exams, onsite gym, company parties, film festivals, supervisors and managers are personable, dedicated and genuinely care for their associates. A community exists within the company of continually progessing personally, and bettering the experience everyone has with this company, associates and customers alike. There is a lot of oportunity to move up, and grow professionally.

Cons

Not a job you can "coast" at. Especially at the Distribution center there is no room for mediocrity. Teams are driven here by success and if you can't consistently improve working here is not for you.

be genuine, and complimentary. Don't compensate your goals to be nice, but go out of your way to be a friend to the "grunts".

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

Worked for 1-800 CONTACTS? Contribute to the Community!