There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

My job at 1800 Contacts will one day turn into a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of the company is so strong, it has taught me to not only value customer service but to live it. Everyone I work with is my customer. The job & pay are average but the vast company activities make it well worth it. I look forward to every event.

Cons

With so many people loving the company, there is very little turn over. Moving up is hard to do because very few opportunities come along. I've been trying to move positions for a while & not gotten any.

Advice to Management

View your employees potential. Help them move if they have expressed interest to. Moving up is hard to do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company to work for, (2 1/2 yrs.) Their vision "We take care of our team because they take care of our customers"

Current Employee - Receiving Clerk, Inbound Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Receiving Clerk, Inbound Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee perks (i.e. onsite cafeteria, subsidised meal cost, performance based bonus, Associate Development Programs, free eye exams, onsite gym, company parties, film festivals, supervisors and managers are personable, dedicated and genuinely care for their associates. A community exists within the company of continually progessing personally, and bettering the experience everyone has with this company, associates and customers alike. There is a lot of oportunity to move up, and grow professionally.

Cons

Not a job you can "coast" at. Especially at the Distribution center there is no room for mediocrity. Teams are driven here by success and if you can't consistently improve working here is not for you.

Advice to Management

be genuine, and complimentary. Don't compensate your goals to be nice, but go out of your way to be a friend to the "grunts".

2. Highly Satisfied Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've absolutely loved being part of this company. I've been here for almost 9 years. I started out in a customer service position which I held for a year and a half and from there grew into other roles. What began as a job while I was attending college developed into an awesome career. There are so many benefits and perks from our film festivals to our onsite restaurant. It's the people though that have hands down made this a company worth staying at. In addition to the many wonderful friends I've made here, I also met my best friend here and later my wondeful husband, too. I've had tons of great managers that cared about my development and contributions in addition to me as a person.

Cons

There are a lot of amazing people here; therefore, there's a lot of competition. Depending on timing, persistence, and experience, you may be able to move into a promotion easily. Other times, you may have to be patient or go another route all together. Work/Life balance has been better in some roles than others. I absolutely love my current role though.

Advice to Management

I think on occassion there's an opportunity to be more transparent with company changes and announcements. We have a history of taking great care of our associates and being part of exciting opportunities; however, the unknown tends to make associates worry, most of the time unnecessarily. I think better communication with some updates would help maintain morale at a steady high.