1-800 CONTACTS

www.1800contacts.com
There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

Best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- sets clear and high expectations which makes you want to do well
- compensation/bonus for selling products and giving great customer service
- healthy competition within teams and call center
- cool company perks; on site gym, on site cafeteria, free movie tickets, annual summary company party, corporate discounts, tuition reimbursement, and much more
- management and sr management is friendly, experienced, and helpful
- good training program that teaches you the importance of giving great customer service
- everyone is so friendly and outgoing; it's hard not to make friends here
- given opportunities to move up or venture to other departments within the company

Cons

- employee retention is high so moving up can take longer
- paid time off is accrued at a low rate and is based off years of employment and does not take position within company into consideration

78 Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS (View Most Recent)

Great environment, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1-800 CONTACTS works hard to create a great place to work with a healthy work/life balanced.

Cons

Slower career progression.

Since it's such a great place to work, people quite at a lower rate than compared to those of other companies. This coupled with the company being in a mature phase (with not a ton of growth) causes slower career progression.

Keep on rocking it!

Directionless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As you've heard already, the 20/20 Grille is great and being able to attend free movies twice a year is a plus. Take your children to work day is something my girls look forward to each year as well.

Cons

As you've heard already, there are many. The Executive decision to combine the two different worlds of the company have been extremely disheartening for us agents. There are now FAR fewer opportunities for advancement with this combination. Things continue to change without ample notice or discussion. Going from not knowing what is happening to an immediate change is quite difficult to deal with. I've been here for many, many, years and stayed because of the culture and family atmosphere. But I fear these benefits no longer outweigh the feeling of disappointment, stress, and confusion that have dominated my mind over these last few months. I fear my remaining time with the company is growing short.

Undo these massive changes and reinstate the layout that has worked for over a decade of my being here. People felt as though they had their specialties and a clear vision of how to move up. The constant shooting-from-the-hip decision making needs to end. We need a better road forward. It is my hope that a company that is famous for taking care of its employees does just that. Thank you for taking the time to hear my feelings on a job and company that has been such a big part of my family's lives.

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Jul 8, 2014HR Business Partner

We appreciate this Associate's comments. 1-800 CONTACTS welcomes all feedback, both positive and negative. Negative responses cause us to either change course of action or better communicate ... More

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS