1-800 CONTACTS

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

1-800 Contacts is a great place to work

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, onsite grille, great people, great opportunities to advance and develop as a leader. Film festivals twice a year, a great summer event. They really value their employees and do a lot for them.

Cons

I can't think of any

78 Other Employee Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company cares for it's employees. They provide yearly opportunities to attend training classes or conferences, have subsidized meals. Management is also very understanding of challenges outside of work.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for advancement outside of a management position. The main body of employees is split between three adjacent buildings which limits interaction between business groups.

1-800 CONTACTS Response

Sep 26, 2014HR Business Partner

One of the unintended consequences of having such a positive and rewarding culture that results in very low turnover in our IT Department is that it can result in limited opportunities for ... More

Great Company with Great People

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1-800 Contacts has been a refreshing surpise for me. I came to the call center not expecting to stay very long because well a call center is a call center. It took about a month for me to realize that i had stumbled onto something very special. I found a company that actually cares about their customers. I have seen my peers go the extra mile to take care of their customers and I have been able to do the same. I have a great manager who cares about me both personally and professionally. I have always been coached and know what i need to do to get my performance to the next level.

I have been here for a few years and i have seen friends leave for new opportunities and that is great for them, but i also see many of them come back. 1-800 Contacts has a great environment with a fun team of people. Don't get me wrong, its not a party 24-7, you have a job to do and there are a lot of high caliber people that do outstanding in their personal performance. A few years ago the company had a slogan "work hard, play hard". i feel like that is exactly what you find at 1-800 Contacts. If you are willing to work and like doing it next to some amazingly talented people, you will love 1-800 Contacts

Cons

Because there are so many people that love the company, it can be challenging to get the promotions as quickly as you would like them. The good part about that is that there are lots of great people that i compete with. The hard part is that i have to be more patient than i would like to at times.

Honestly, Keep it up! 1-800 is special place to work and while change can be hard when we go through it we are headed in the right direction.

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS