There are newer employer reviews for 1-800-Flowers.com

Working for nothing or so it seems

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a job. If you have a college degree, they will promote you.

Cons

You do a lot of work for your money. The public gives you a lot of grief. At Christmas time it is VERY busy. On Valentine's Day it is your fault that some guy's girl doesn't love him anymore. It is because of the flowers that did not get there. LOL Mother's Day is another one. The trouble with the flowers is if they order them EARLY they will get there. If they are like everyone else, they order at the last minute and again it is your fault. Everything is your fault and you cannot tell them what to do with their flowers and hang up on them like you want to. Oh yea it is true love working at that time of year.

Advice to Management

There is no advice I can give you. Other than pay your employees more but that isn't going to happen.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Overall An OK Company

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at 1-800-Flowers.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You can work from home.
    The people you work with are fantastic.
    You do have decent chances to move up.
    Decent benefits.
    Lower management is the best and does their best.

Cons

Be prepared to deal with company decisions that you will not agree with or won't make sense.
    Be prepared to learn a lot of your job by experience and through more experienced agents.
    You may also feel like just a number to upper management and slightly used.
    You might have a hard time enjoying any major flower holidays because you will not be able to take any major time off.
    Management is not always on the same page.
    Some of the skills you learn have very poor training or do not cover the more difficult aspects of the department and it is almost impossible to find answers or who to communicate the issue to. You have to rely a lot on more experienced agents knowledge, which can differ depending on who you talk to.
    Very constant change.
    Major issues are never fixed, even if reported.

Advice to Management

Think more of your employees. Decisions you make, weather you feel they are a necessary or not, effect your employees moral and pride in the company, and that can mean the difference between great and fantastic workers, which in turn determines how well the customers are taken care of. This is the whole basis for your company.

2. Bonus Not Paid

Former Employee - At-home Customer Service Representative in Oak Forest, IL
    Former Employee - At-home Customer Service Representative in Oak Forest, IL

I worked at 1-800-Flowers.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's nice to work from home. The training was short and sweet. A rather easy job.

Cons

I never received my bonus. When I contacted H/R it took 3 weeks for them to determine that I wasn't eligible. However, I recalled 4 customers that I had upsells to their order. I was asked if I remembered the names or dates. My response was, if your calls are recorded don't you know?

Advice to Management

Tell your employees during training to keep records of their upsells since your company is not capable of conducting research in your databases.