1105 Media

www.1105media.com

Perfectly fine place to work – a good stepping-stone company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsWhen I first was interviewing at 1105 Media and read the reviews here on Glassdoor, I was really nervous. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by the entire company.

The work I do here at 1105 is interesting and is constantly evolving, which keeps things interesting and constantly challenges me. For the most part, any interaction or working experiences with upper management (including the Executive team) have been positive experiences. I do feel that I can always give my opinion, and even if they don’t take my advice or do what I suggest, I feel like I’m being “heard” and that they welcome my contributions.

Most people in the Vienna office are very friendly (some more than others, obviously), but it’s a little disjointed because of the multitude of business units and types of positions in those units (Events, Graphics, Analytics, Marketing, etc. are all kind of jumbled together). There are definitely people in this office whose names I don’t know, but others I know so well I could tell you the names of their children. Just depends where you sit / your business unit / how friendly you are in the kitchen and elevator.

Pay is standard for my position, as are the benefits/PTO. We also get a week off at Thanksgiving and Christmas, which is an awesome bonus.

ConsIt’s not a huge company, but not really small either, so while there is some room for growth (especially at the lower levels), once you hit certain positions, you’ve kind of peaked and can’t move anywhere else within the company.

There is also a bit of a gap between the publications and events teams (even if they’re within the same business units). Sometimes the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing, which is detrimental to both sides of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think yearly reviews should be enforced more.

DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID unless you are prepared for personal and professional death.

(Former Employee) Vienna, VA

I worked at 1105 Media

Pros: You get the week at Thanksgiving and the weekend between Christmas and New Years off. Plus,… Cons: 1105 is a toxic environment and it will be the death of you if you join this company. It doesn't matter which office you work… Advice to Senior Management: The Titanic sank to the bottom of the ocean... 1105 is not far behind. But if in fact you want to try and turn the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chatsworth, CA

I worked at 1105 Media

Pros: Flexibility in schedule for personal appointments Cons: Senior Management has no idea of how to manage nor do the back their employees, they are rude and very disrespectful to employees, unappreciative of… Advice to Senior Management: Management says that 1105 Media is a team force, however, this team does NOT EXIST. It has been my experience that this 'team" is alive… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on 1105 Media.

Worked for 1105 Media? Contribute to the Community!