The Best Company I've Ever Worked For

I have been working at 1105 Media full-time

Pros

I have learned more in this job than at any other position I have ever held. I have been exposed to a variety of trainings that in the past would never have been available to me.

Cons

It seems that the budget is always an issue. Senior management tends to make impossible forecasts for sales for the year, and build a budget around that profit. When the sales aren't as high as they think, the budget is exceeded and it makes the company look like it is doing poorly when if they just set realistic sales expectations, the company would actually be doing much better.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees, they are not as easy to replace as you might think.

Other Employee Reviews for 1105 Media

1. Like most jobs, it's all about what you make of it

I have been working at 1105 Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get lots of autonomy The benefits are great The workload is generally manageable if your use your time wisely Flexible schedule Telecommuting options

Cons

Somewhat limited opportunities for growth Not a lot of communication about company strategy Not great collaboration between business units & central teams

Advice to Management

Develop a 5 year plan and communicate that plan to all employees. Make sure everyone is bought in and moving towards that plan. Make professional development a mandatory part of the culture.

Great co-workers, atrocious upper management. Steer clear of this place.

I worked at 1105 Media full-time

Pros

Almost to a person, the employees at the middle management level and below are knowledgable, courteous, helpful and patient. Their professionalism is the one and only reason to work for 1105.

Cons

• The company management is incompetent beyond belief, a spectacular train wreck of epic proportions. • Frequent pointless reorganizations (every year and a half or so) leave employees confused as to responsibilities and expectations. • Round after round of layoffs has completely drained employee morale. • Individual employees' contributions are rarely noticed or recognized. • The company has no use whatsoever for editorial quality control and will not spend a single penny on it. • There is absolutely zero job security, no matter how hard you work, how competent you are, or how much extra work you take on. • Compensation is subpar. • All in all, 1105 is a terrible place to work. Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away.

Advice to Management

Resign. Now.