1105 Media

There are newer employer reviews for 1105 Media

1105 is a media company in a tough market

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Framingham, MA
Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Framingham, MA

I worked at 1105 Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, friendly people, average pay scales. Lots of time off , including the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas and all federal holidays. Informal environment, flexible work hours and average benefits for a company of this size.

Cons

Little opportunity for promotion due to company size. Salaries are lower than normal due to cut backs to keep margins at profitability. People are considered expendable items that can be reduced or added depending upon the business climate. No position is guaranteed even if you are doing a great job.

Listen more often

51 Other Employee Reviews for 1105 Media (View Most Recent)

Great work-life balance, great group of people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at 1105 Media full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best balances of work and life I’ve had in my career. The work load is heavy, but the management is responsive and very good at prioritizing if you feel overwhelmed. Co-workers are very helpful and encouraging. Just today, I had someone from another department take the time just to say, “Thank you for all that you do.” This compelled me to write the review as it is not a rare occurrence for coworkers/management to express appreciation for even the very little things.

The autonomy is definitely a plus here. Many people in the Vienna office work remotely, but they have a company-wide Facbook-like website and most people use it and instant messaging to communicate with each other.

They also provide free online tutorials and courses on tons of software programs like Java, Web development and even marketing training, so you can keep your business and design skills fresh as well as learn new ones.

The breaks for the holidays are super because you don’t need to use vacay for X-mas or Thanksgiving (office is closed the entire week). We usually get out early on the Friday before a holiday as well. Free garage parking, free soda, snacks and the location in Vienna, VA is bright and cheery.

Cons

Expensive health care —more than double the cost of premiums I’ve had through other employer-sponsored coverage.

Lower the employee contribution for health coverage and hire more people who actually enjoy what they do; happy employees work harder and produce better work.

Great People, Good Company, Comfortable Work Environment

Current Employee - National Accounts Manager in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - National Accounts Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at 1105 Media full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As in the title - I work with great people - competent, fun, energetic, cool. Week of Thanksgiving and week of Christmas off! Good benefits.

Every member of the team I work on is someone that I would enthusiastically endorse - marketing, sales, management, administration.

The negative reviews don't reflect the company correctly at all - IMHO.

Cons

The company is spread out between all timezones from Eastern to Pacific and that can cause issues. Each team has a weekly conference call that tends to be repetitive. The call is enjoyable and often fun but not exactly a productive use of time.

Don't let the good people get away. Limit meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for 1105 Media