There are newer employer reviews for 1NW Contact

My experience was very good, but I needed a job with better social skills and benefits if possible.

Former Contractor - Custormer Service in Thousand Oaks, CA
Former Contractor - Custormer Service in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I actually enjoyed meeting new people all over the world with a lot of the same similarities as my self.

Cons

The only thing that I didn't like too much about this job is the fact that it wasn't beneficiary to me in the long run.

Advice to Management

My advice to their management is to choose more wisely about who are your supervisors. They should always remain respectful to others and understanding as well.

Other Employee Reviews for 1NW Contact

Great Company

Current Contractor - College Search Advisor in Norcross, GA
    Current Contractor - College Search Advisor in Norcross, GA

I have been working at 1NW Contact as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of the company is they value their employees. The company wants to keep who they hire and will work with you to make sure (if possible) that will happen. The company will allow people to work more hours so it is possible to reach 40 hrs a week. Since it is a work at home job one does save money and time getting back and forth to work. They will pay for your time if you need coaching. As an independent contractor the employee is responsible for keeping track of their own time. Such as logging into available ready, manager time for meetings. If you are not logged in on either one of those then there is no way the company has you logged in working. So you will not be paid. All this information comes in writing and oral form.

Cons

I was told many times by phone, email, and a form I had to sign; stating that the first week of training is non-paid. I was also informed during training and countless times that it takes 3 weeks to receive the first paycheck. When there is an error on your check you do have a person to email, who then has to contact the company they use for payroll. One of my invoices showed that I worked 11 hours one week, so I contact the person who emails us our invoices. I also check the five9 and edsoup system to make sure their was not a glitch and it did show I worked about 32 hrs that week. When my check came I did receive the full amount of my paid time. People have to remember you don't get paid with 1NW Contact when you don't work. If you are being coached on additional training there is a certain way you have to log in. If you don't log in then there is no proof of work nor additional training and that you were in meetings. The only problem I have is no direct deposit, but working with 1NW Contact makes this issue seem unimportant. It is worth not having direct deposit to stay with 1NW Contact. The supervisor for Edsoup is so amazing it like having a best friend who is on your side with you having to do nothing to earn it.q

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work , I feel like a valued employee.

***I WOULD READ THIS IF I WERE YOU**...TIME IS OF ESSENCE!!!!

Former Contractor - Independent
    Former Contractor - Independent

I worked at 1NW Contact as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro here is that this is a work at home position.

Cons

The epidemic with this company is your hours worked, your pay and not being able to contact someone when needed. When someone is contracted to do a job, they expect to get paid. The more you choose to delay on paying us contractors for work performed, you shall be reprimanded. This is not a good look for a company that want to stand for something. Once this company becomes too staffed for a shift..they tend to make folks leave their shift early (-unexpected- the way they go about this is say they need volunteers to leave, and if no one volunteers they force you to leave depending on whose next in line) or go into "break mode" (this means you do not get paid for doing this). Oh, did I mention that you don't even get paid for training either when you initially start and then still have to pay for a background check. I am more than certain they are representing this third party company to gain commission off of these background checks, why else would they send us to them? (Think about it folks) What a way to be nice nasty with friendly people that choose to work for you. I never in my life seen anything this catastrophic. No paid breaks, no paid lunches, no paid training.. But we have to pay for background & then you don't pay us on time & have bounce checks too.. This is a WAKE UP CALL FOLKS. Even though I am very knowledgeable, but this doesn't mean that every comment or negative statement is true until you experience the situation yourself. And now I can vouch for many others that are saying similar things here because we are not treated fairly, we do not get paid on time. We have to wait about 4 weeks to get the first check,(and the check is all messed up) but they claim they pay weekly, no direct deposit option at all. With all this technology (ex; your cloud nine based system, in which you have to lease or manage this system, why direct deposit is not an option here doesn't add up?) Most companies I know at this point does direct deposit unless its a small business of some sort and pays you on time and on the same day weekly or bi-weekly etc. What company pays their workers by checking an invoice first that's sent to you by email? Then if their is a discrepancy how in the world these mistakes suppose to get corrected by one person that takes cares of invoicing? Are you serious? The cloud nine system that you have supposedly tracks all of this, so what's the invoices for. You can see when we all log in and out because you are sure quick to cycle people out when no calls are coming in. And if you don't return the invoice on time you don't get paid. That is not all folks..you think you are in awe now, keep reading. On top of all of this. where is the ongoing training, there are supervisors just disappearing, some folks just don't show up any longer because they have caught on to this cat and mouse situation. Is it me or am I just making pure sense here.? All of us came here to work and have the flexibility to do it from home. We have families and children at least most do. How would you feel if you had to feed your family and wait 4 weeks to get paid and then the checks bounce? How would you feel if someone tells you this position is not stable find another one? This is how folks can lose what they already have if this is their only source of income. How can anyone pay bills with bounce checks? It's very embarrassing. Just because you have money that you maybe hiding, don't allow that to destroy your business and the people in it, because you will reap what you sow. Do unto others as other do unto to you.. It's time to wake up and realize you are destroying already made families and opportunities for them, because of this untrustworthiness of your business. It is very clear that some of your contractors maybe happy and that's probably because you are paying them to rebut against these reviews, but in the end when God says its over, trust and believe it will be over. Oh forgot to mention,(supposedly the current "Project Manager") you need to be careful who you send emails to. Yeah that's right, you indicated that 1NW IS A SCAM AND THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY PEOPLE TO BE IN AVAILABLE STATUS AND ON TOP OF THAT THEY FORCE WORKERS INTO CYCLE MODE ABOUT 4 TIMES IN A HOUR OR MORE TO GET THEM OFF THE CLOCK (THAT'S 15 MINS EACH WITHOUT PAY - ANOTHER HOUR LOST), YEAH YOU ALSO STATED THAT THEY ARE USING THEIR WORKERS MCKENNA. So if I were you, I would be looking for another position as well, the same thing you told your supervisors to do right?. It's a shame that a project manager (part of upper management- the one who overlooks all team leads and supervisors.. really?) would say something like this by email and sent it out and trust me, it went into the right hands.. Because thats what you get when you treat folks like they don't mean anything..so all this time you know what this company is doing..Do you know what can happen at this point? This company can change their name or whatever they choose, but the proof is in the pudding, and I believe you just ate up all of your worth. So I hope 1NW have a big bank account to take care of this situation (the one they maybe hiding). The only thing that I will end with is.. when you do wrong, wrong will follow you each and every time. I feel very sorry for 1NW because I can honestly tell you, that you can be very liable for certain actions, because each time contractors put in notice or have a concern about pay, and then receive no pay and on top of that BOUNCE CHECKS, you are making your company very liable for punitive damages. No one answers emails in upper management, no one answers the phone when you call or return calls after you leave messages, no one does anything besides sending contractors redundant emails from team leaders that states: "WE NEED HELP, CALLS ARE COMING AND WE ARE LOSING CALL VOLUME", knowing that some folks already put in their time and effort to be on their shift (and when on their shift, they have to go into unpaid time which is "not ready status"or "break mode" or even have to leave the shift altogether). Then when the other shift comes on, you wondering why their is no help. I WOULD ADVISE TO ANYONE SEEING THIS...I STRONGLY ADVISE TO SEEK ANOTHER POSITION ASAP. I'm just giving you an heads up because this is very obvious that 1NW will suffer consequences all by the man upstairs, when you are doing folks wrong and taking them for granted, you will get what you ask for. God punishes for a reason and he also give rewards. So those of you who believe and have faith, keep your head up high, because when one door shut, their will be 2 or more greater that can open with better opportunity. I wouldn't suggest adding this position to your resume, there is no credibility for 1NW and do you folks even realize we are honest people trying to make a living to feed our families and you want to pull stunts like this? You will never be blessed for this, and on the other hand I wouldn't even be surprised if you were to lose this business, because I am almost certain that's what about to take place. No need to pay people to be quiet for you. No need to pay people to rebut against these reviews, because what you are doing is a waste of time, it's all out & wide open. God only rewards those who do right by him. I don't want to sound too religious but I serve a powerful God whom is my protector that fight off foolishness and devils that's involved.

Advice to Management

You need to hire folks as employees, pay them direct deposit or at least give that option, have set times, or split shifts, have valuable staff to answer their phones, have staff to call prospective candidates with the intentions of providing a REAL OPPORTUNITY, do paid trainings so folks can see what they are doing, have testing at the end of training to see whose the right fit for your company. But as I see it. I don't like to criticize, because I was raised better than that, and I feel sorry for all the contractors including myself, that this mess needs to be put to a end. If you (1NW ) continue to mistreat your folks, and not pay them & having bounced checks, its a big chance that the BBB, FTC, FCC and Government Regulations will investigate this situation. Maybe they are already in progress. I am also aware that this is an "at will" situation but guess what that doesn't stop the process for pursuing the dangerous acts of what your company is performing and providing. Keep your eyes open 1NW because you can lose valuable contractors including myself, not just that, your whole entire business. If you think you will get away with doing this, you better find your space in hell because I'm certain their are others that's going to fight to get there. The pearly gates will redirect you.