There are newer employer reviews for 1st Ayd

Treated poorly by most office staff.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 1st Ayd

Pros

Freedom of scheduling, freedom to learn and compete in a tough market place. Pay is all commission with great upside potential.

Cons

Very little office support, vindictive condensing office attitude towards sales staff. Pay is very punitive when trying to grow and learn the business. Office support is poor, manager-sponsor can make the difference between success and failure but egos are too big to be really helpful.

They don't want feedback, the upper management rules by edict and extremely old fashioned outdated methods of operation. The office is very quick to take commissions and charge costs to the sales staff in a heavy handed way with no recourse or fairness.

12 Other Employee Reviews for 1st Ayd (View Most Recent)

Independent Sales Representative

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative In My Third Year  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative In My Third Year in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at 1st Ayd full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great products to sell and an owner who wants you to succeed and will help you get there.
    Provides you with sales samples and an owner who is willing to bring in new items to help you sell and even lets you set up local companies to drop ship products to be more competitive. I was able to sell and have bulk oil delivered locally to many accounts. Thanks Tom.

Cons

No benefits but you do have something to sell to everyone. Most products are in stock and are delivered within a day or two. I've often placed an order in the morning and had it delivered the next day. Customers have never complained about poor quality or asked for a replacement. Become an expert in the trades you call on and you will have customers for life.

Continue to compensate for attending monthly meetings in Elgin, IL. These are extremely helpful and the manufacturers reps in attendance help educate us on their products and how to create new opportunities to grow existing and new business. I really appreciate Tom Schreiner's lead by example philosophy. He goes out everyday and does exactly what we do, he cold calls and also services his existing customers and knows exactly what we go through every day . This is a great opportunity for new or seasoned salespeople. Give Tom a call and arrange a visit at the facility. They make a lot of the products onsite and you will be amazed at how much committment there is at 1st Ayd to be a quality company for it's employees and our customers.

Good Company!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at 1st Ayd full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's the perfect job if you can work on your own with little supervision. There are plenty of products to sell, basically unlimited product line. The management and office staff are willing to help with quotes, etc. This leaves the sales rep the time to sell, not doing paperwork. The management are all salespeople so they understand when there are struggles in the field. They will work with you in the field if needed as well.

Cons

It takes the right kind of self motivated person in the beginning as it is very challenging. Cold calling all day can be a grind while building up a customer base but that's the case with most sales jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for 1st Ayd

Worked for 1st Ayd? Contribute to the Community!