There are newer employer reviews for 21CT

Engineers and scientists at the company were driven and brilliant, but program and upper management has no clue.

Former Employee - Scientist in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Scientist in Austin, TX

I worked at 21CT

Pros

The opportunity to set research direction, write proposals, win business, deliver systems to wonderful customers was hard for me to leave.

Cons

Management does not believe in delivering quality and has decidedly moved away from research and development as a focus to basic IT services, hiring people of less quality in the process. Since the goal of the company is to charge the government for every hour of your time, they make it very hard to take vacations or even holidays without making up the time sitting at a desk. The company is clearly not goals-oriented, but hours-oriented.

To deliver quality software products, you must hire serious, technical people to lead the company and have fewer "directors" who are lawyers and non-technical administrators and reward technical excellence with bonuses and promotion.

21CT Response

Feb 26, 2013HR

Thank you for the feedback. While the strategic direction of the company has changed in recent years, we strongly believe that our team members are some of the best and brightest in the industry ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Nice Place To Work

I have been working at 21CT

Pros

Laid back company culture. Friday beer.

Cons

Growing pains trying to break into the big league.

2. Great company, but no security

I have been working at 21CT

Pros

Great environment to work in. They promote a sense of community and show appreciation to their employees.

Cons

The process of securing contracts prior to staffing up definitely needs improvement.

There are newer employer reviews for 21CT