Great place to work if you love keeping a time sheet

Former Employee - Lead Research Scientist  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Lead Research Scientist in Austin, TX

I worked at 21CT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting projects and what used to be a wide variety of research topics
Some intellectual freedom to pursue bleeding-edge research and spin-off topics

Cons

Favoritism, nepotism, ageism, elitism
Time is managed by billable hours; almost impossible to take vacation or sick days
Desire to focus on IT-like products to homogenize workforce and minimize salaries
Company is top-heavy: too many director chiefs, few tribal councillors and too few Indians

Eliminate excess, prima donna directors
Advertise your company culture as it truly is: don't hire highly-talented employees and expect them to be happy as cogs or round pegs in round holes.

Feb 26, 2013HR

Thank you for your feedback; we hope that you also shared this with company leaders when you were here and did not wait until leaving to share your thoughts. We certainly don't view our team members ... More

Other Reviews for 21CT

Engineers and scientists at the company were driven and brilliant, but program and upper management has no clue.

Former Employee - Scientist  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Scientist in Austin, TX

I worked at 21CT

Pros

The opportunity to set research direction, write proposals, win business, deliver systems to wonderful customers was hard for me to leave.

Cons

Management does not believe in delivering quality and has decidedly moved away from research and development as a focus to basic IT services, hiring people of less quality in the process. Since the goal of the company is to charge the government for every hour of your time, they make it very hard to take vacations or even holidays without making up the time sitting at a desk. The company is clearly not goals-oriented, but hours-oriented.

To deliver quality software products, you must hire serious, technical people to lead the company and have fewer "directors" who are lawyers and non-technical administrators and reward technical excellence with bonuses and promotion.

Feb 26, 2013HR

Thank you for the feedback. While the strategic direction of the company has changed in recent years, we strongly believe that our team members are some of the best and brightest in the industry ... More

Fast-paced, sky-rocketing experience

Current Employee - Support Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at 21CT full-time for less than a year

Pros

21CT offers employees an underlying ability to grow in their current positions. There is a strong sense of accomplishment shown in everything that we do in our daily work. 21CT makes it easy to realize your potential and in terms of work ceiling, there is none.

Cons

21CT is still trying to figure out somethings but this is to be expected when setting up new functions within the company.

Aug 25, 2014HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! This is very much appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for 21CT.

Worked for 21CT? Contribute to the Community!