Former FC tells you the truth about career prospects at 21st Mortgage

Former Employee - Financial Counselor  in  Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Financial Counselor in Knoxville, TN

I worked at 21st Mortgage Corporation

Pros

They offer an excellent benefits package; downtown parking allowance; gym membership reimbursement; good health insurance; additionally, they will match up to a 6% contribution to your 401K. a lot of times they will offer free food and friendly competitions.

Cons

You must start out in Servicing if you want to be promoted. This is a euphemism for collections. You must make around 200 outgoing calls every day to keep management off your back. Must work 1-2 nights/week and 1-2 Saturdays per month. Being promoted is more of a popularity contest than how much value you can bring to the company.

Be more transparent with your employees. There is not enough communication with Servicing regarding how/when new changes are implemented. During my last month, the President instituted stricter rules for how we could handle accounts. It went into effect the day he told us about it, so we had to deal with angry customers all day long for at least two weeks while we were getting used to the new policy.

Other Reviews for 21st Mortgage Corporation

Great entry level job with room for advancement and a company that has the potential for exponential growth.

I have been working at 21st Mortgage Corporation full-time

Pros

Great young co-workers, lively atmosphere and culture, location, incentives (both monetary and otherwise), advancement opportunities for those who are willing to put in the work, generous PTO policy, Gym membership reimbursement, parking reimbursement, 401k match, and opportunities/encouragement to participate in local charities.

Cons

The work can be challenging, you really must be able to function in a fast paced environment. Goals depend on the whims of others to a degree. A lot to learn, especially with all of the new loans that have been acquired.

Continue cultivating an enjoyable culture, make sure to keep the focus on the people, especially as the company grows.

Financial counselor

I worked at 21st Mortgage Corporation

Pros

Great insurance and 401k benefits

Cons

The people are horrible human beings

There are newer employer reviews for 21st Mortgage Corporation.

Worked for 21st Mortgage Corporation? Contribute to the Community!