There are newer employer reviews for 23andMe

Stay away....

I have been working at 23andMe

Pros

You can work at a company that is marketing a novel consumer-focused product in an exciting and new industry of personal genetic testing. People are bright and passionate about what they do. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Extremely poor management that completely ignores the customer as well as employee needs. Major legal threats to the very existence of the business. Poor pay and complete lack of communication. Lack of focus and direction in management decisions.

Get your act together and focus on the product development. Stop being elitist and pay attention to your employees as well as customers.

11 Other Employee Reviews for 23andMe (View Most Recent)

Amazing company

Former Employee - Interaction/Visual Designer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Interaction/Visual Designer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at 23andMe as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch, snacks, very positive and great upper management. Openwork environment. Good work-life balance. LOVE the PUPPY friendly atmosphere.

Cons

If you're a contractor or part timer, be prepared to be excluded.

Best environment I've ever worked in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at 23andMe full-time for less than a year

Pros

No matter what area of the company, colleagues tend to be *highly* talented and capable in what they do. People tend to be almost over-qualified (educationally) for their job titles, with JDs, PhDs, MDs, MBAs, etc. spread throughout all the different divisions (and often where you wouldn't expect them). My observation has been that management takes its time in hiring the best of the best, and then follows with a hands-off approach to trust that those they hire are motivated and capable.

Cons

Because the organization is so flat, it's been hard for me to make out what a career path might look like over the coming years. That may or may not be an issue though.

There are newer employer reviews for 23andMe

Worked for 23andMe? Contribute to the Community!