There are newer employer reviews for 23andMe

Great employer!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at 23andMe

Pros

Exciting project which may lead to somewhere big. The industry is still in it's infancy, but has promise. The question is whether or not investors will hold out until a profit can be made.

Cons

Small group of people, some of whom are eccentric, but who can be dealt with if you truly do have good people skills.

Focus on marketing and business development over product. At this point, the customer experience is awesome. A focus on gaining consumer awareness and upping sales will really help ensure company survival.

reviews filtered by

Stay away....

I have been working at 23andMe

Pros

You can work at a company that is marketing a novel consumer-focused product in an exciting and new industry of personal genetic testing. People are bright and passionate about what they do. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Extremely poor management that completely ignores the customer as well as employee needs. Major legal threats to the very existence of the business. Poor pay and complete lack of communication. Lack of focus and direction in management decisions.

Get your act together and focus on the product development. Stop being elitist and pay attention to your employees as well as customers.

I love coming to work everyday!

I have been working at 23andMe full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At 23andMe everyone is genuinely happy and excited to be a part of this company. Each employee is passionate about the work he or she does here. I have worked in environments where staff members complain about and dread coming to work. At 23andMe I hear employees sing praises about almost every aspect of working here from the on-boarding process to the food we are served at lunch. Also, it is clear that 23andMe makes a huge effort to ensure that all the department interact with each other.

Cons

23andMe is a startup and we are rapidly growing! That being said, right now we are a little crammed for space (i.e. there is a shortage of conference rooms, dining tables, kitchen space, and even personal space) but that is only because our new building is currently under construction.

There are newer employer reviews for 23andMe