Good place to work for entry level and with experience.

Current Employee - Personal Trainer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Personal Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Healthcare/Dental/Vision Benefits offered for part time and full time employees
-Opportunities available to grow with company
-Free membership to all clubs company has, 400+ clubs in the USA
-Diverse employees
-Competitive Pay

Cons

-Corporate ideas on how to run personal business sometimes get in the way of building long-lasting personal connections with my clients (with some managers, this is not a problem).
-High turnover in membership positions makes it hard to gain new leads, I have been at 2 clubs where I have not had adequate help building business. This makes it take longer to succeed.

Take more time to speak with the employees at each club, we often feel that our issues go unresolved by club management.

Other Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Membership Counselor. If you can sell go elsewhere. You won't get rewarded here.

Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR  in  DFW, TX
    Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in DFW, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym membership. Meeting new people. Learning true science to dieting and exercise. Management and co-workers are friendly.

Cons

No commission. Lot's of cold calling. Unrealistic sales targets. Seniority take the people most likely to have money and leave you selling to the 15 year old college kid with no money. Full time hours soon drop down due to not hitting targets or budget cuts.

Stop the unrealistic sales targets. If theres no reward for selling your services how do you expect people to have the drive to bring in the numbers. Bring back commission or increase wages to at least $15 per hour. Stop the cold calling, it doesn't work and its the quickest way to lose guests.

Underpaid

Former Employee - Personal Trainer III  in  Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer III in Pasadena, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

They give you some clients and it is a good way to begin a training career.

Cons

They don't give you many clients since they are constantly hiring new trainers, and strangely enough give all new clients to new trainers! The pay isn't great, but it's ok I suppose. You also are paid minimum wage when you aren't training, such as racking weights, etc.

Give clients to the trainers who are most qualified to train them and your client retention will drastically improve.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!