Great Place to Work.

Former Employee - Service Manager in Annapolis, MD
Former Employee - Service Manager in Annapolis, MD

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great atmosphere, family, you feel good about what you are doing because you are able to help people.

Cons

Pay for the service side of the house is not very good in comparison to the other departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and do not lose sight of who actually makes the place work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to work for entry level and with experience.

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Healthcare/Dental/Vision Benefits offered for part time and full time employees -Opportunities available to grow with company -Free membership to all clubs company has, 400+ clubs in the USA -Diverse employees -Competitive Pay

Cons

-Corporate ideas on how to run personal business sometimes get in the way of building long-lasting personal connections with my clients (with some managers, this is not a problem). -High turnover in membership positions makes it hard to gain new leads, I have been at 2 clubs where I have not had adequate help building business. This makes it take longer to succeed.

Advice to Management

Take more time to speak with the employees at each club, we often feel that our issues go unresolved by club management.

2. Position completely isolated from the rest of the gym and company

Current Employee - Kid's Club Attendant in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Kid's Club Attendant in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Easy and predictable work hours -Can be fun if you like kids

Cons

-Poor pay -Almost complete lack of communication with co-workers and management -Can be very un-stimulating -Difficult to cover shifts and even cover breaks.

Advice to Management

Include the Kid's Club Attendants in the company. While I've been working here, I have not been required to attend any staff meetings (I had to work through them), have seen my boss in passing perhaps once a week, haven't made any friends at work, and have not ever been given rest breaks. I only recently found out I was actually entitled to them, and will be pursuing compensation for my missed breaks over the past year. Management needs to certify more employees for Kid's Club so that breaks or even restroom use is an issue for the Kid's Club Attendant.