24 Hour Fitness

www.24hourfitness.com
  www.24hourfitness.com
There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

While slightly disorganized, I found my time at 24F to be productive and fun.

Former Employee - Sales in Murray, UT
Former Employee - Sales in Murray, UT

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There's generally a good environment with good people, and it lacked the "used carsalesman" vibe that a lot of other gyms encourage.

Cons

We were generally left on our own training wise, and management could be disorganized at times.

Train your people, help them get the basics before you demand impossible results.

533 Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness (View Most Recent)

Worst, most unprofessional, least caring company EVER.

Current Employee - Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Service Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only reason it's nice to work here is that you get a discount. Free membership, discount on things they sell. That's IT.

Cons

Everyone I work with is so lackluster, rude, and uncaring that it's not funny. I'm sure McDonald's has better employees. The managers act like they hold some kind of standard when hiring, but it is obvious that they just want to give corporate a good impression in the hiring process. They don't communicate with employees, disrespect them when they have concerns, and don't schedule the ones who actually work hard. This is coming from experience at two different clubs, with two different immediate managers.

24 out of 100 would be my Score of this Company and how it treats its Employees

Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Irvine, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free Membership & the People/Clients that you help
    Very recent change in the way they classify Trainers

Cons

>Minimal pay - High Expectations, regularly including expectation of "off the clock" work
    >No respect nor support of employees - Company doesnt even provide business cards for its Trainers: When they did, you had to buy them yourself (even though card had 24 Hr. Logo on it)
    >Insulting BenefitPlans - Health Plan does not even meet minimum standards required by Affordable Care Act - 24 Hour Fitness requested a waiver to meet standards until Dec 31, 2013 -Annual Prescription and Preventative Care Benefit Maximum are both less than $1000/year!
    >Distribution of Clients- Only new trainers get clients through Membership sales... No support nor clientele for experienced, Certified Trainers who provide better service for the members
    >Run Managers into the ground

Your employees already love fitness -You have an ideal opportunity to have an amazing workforce - Treat them with some respect, provide them with some support and you won't have such a phenomenal turnover and lack of dedication

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness