There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

If your not lazy, it's a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Assistant FItness Manager in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Assistant FItness Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a friendly, fun, atmosphere. They offer bonus's every month and have ways to increase your pay. There are programs that the company pays for that help you improve in what you do. Changing lives everyday is always a pro. This company also pays the highest trainer pay I have found. LA FITNESS gets paid average $15-$20 LESS an hour. Thats lame!

Cons

The cons would be that they took away our retirement matching which is very depressing. It's nice to know one day I will retire and have money in the bank. Another con would be aggressive goals for some clubs, this can raise stress and anxiety. Your pay depends on meeting goals. Meetings....meetings....and more meetings....that can become repetitive.

Advice to Management

Understand that in this position our personal sales goals are double and we are required to do a minimum of 120 sessions a month on top of that. Then tack on trainer coaching/meetings and club sales goals. We are busy!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great work environment, low pay.

Current Employee - Group X Instructor
    Current Employee - Group X Instructor

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional environment: responsibilities and expectations were clearly communicated. Rewarding job to help people achieve a better lifestyle.

Cons

Low, low pay, considering I do not receive compensation for further trainings, music, time I spend on designing my classes. Never received a raise within seven years.

Advice to Management

Money is the best way to show people you appreciate their work. We are the hard workers that bring and keep people in the clubs. Sometimes the upper management seem to forget that.

Poor upper Management but great business concept

Former Employee - Membership Manager
    Former Employee - Membership Manager

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a gym depending on management can be great work environment.

Cons

Majority of manager's within company are not up to par on running a department nor a club
    24 Hour wants all clubs to be ran the same yet it is far from any kind of uniformity
    Majority of clubs are not taken care of by corporate (constantly waiting on parts makes employees look bad)
    Very "politically" ran clubs and excessive drama that is not managed properly

Advice to Management

Too much to type, nothing would come of it anyways!