24 Hour Fitness

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Not a difficult job.

Former Employee - Service Representative in Lakewood, CA
Former Employee - Service Representative in Lakewood, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free gym membership. Flexible work hours.

Cons

Expect a lot for little in return. It's all about numbers.

Don't neglect employees. Keep in communication with all employees.

529 Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness (View Most Recent)

Service Representative

Current Employee - Service Representative
    Current Employee - Service Representative

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing work environment with co-workers that are like family. Not too hard of a job if you're going through school and it is a fun job as well. You basically just have to be friendly and talk with all the members, along with some other small tasks.

Cons

Pay is not the best

Keep doing what you are doing

Confessions of an IMpersonal trainer

Former Employee - Personal Trainer II in Chino Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer II in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's great to be in a gym for work. The 24 hour fitness I worked at was a very positive environment, both based on the attitudes of the staff and the majority of the clientele that came through the door.

Cons

At the time of my employment with 24 hour fitness, I was into my 4th year as a student in Nutrition and Dietetics. I was also Certified Personal Trainer with the National Strength and Conditioning Association. This was also NOT my first job as a personal trainer. In short, I know personal training and I know nutrition. Despite all this, 24 hour fitness management would not allow me to work within my own knowledge and experience when it came to my clients, even after almost a year of working with the company. I worked under multiple different supervisors during my tenure, all of which implemented a "my way or the highway" approach to what their trainers were doing and advising to their clients, no matter the client or the training goal. Myself and the other trainers there were all hamstrung in our approach with our clients, which revolved more around the selling of training packages and supplements. Not doing so would also result in management going over your head or around you regarding decisions made for clients. The most notable instance being the attempt by a manager to sell my client a weight loss supplement that contained active ingredients that would have counteracted his hypertension medication (thank goodness he knew that too!). I loved my career as a personal trainer, but absolutely abhorred my time with 24 hour fitness.

Something that struck me as odd was the fact that despite all these great trainers that worked at my location (and there were people there with some MAJOR credentials), there was no attempt made by management to promote and market their trainers and the services they provided, or to introduce them to their clientele at the time they're hired. Especially with previously experienced trainers, this could be an invaluable way to drum up business, to let the trainers and the training experience they provide sell itself. Experienced trainers (i.e. those with national credentials and those who have worked as personal trainers previously) can and should also be given a certain amount of leeway in how they approach their individual clients given.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness