Summer at 24 hour

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym membership, majority of people working there were great people. Will promote from within if you are dedicated. Helping clients can be rewarding.

Cons

Pushy sales like most gyms, some managers are not the best. In my case the Assistant Membership Manager. Sales team tried to get me to give out numbers of friends to sell to. This is probably because they may be fired for low numbers.

Other Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Greedy Commercial Gym

Former Employee - Personal Trainer  in  Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Carson, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

The fact that I was hired. I was appreciative of getting the job in the first place. It was my first opportunity to be a trainer.

Cons

The structure of fitness management. It's all about sell! sell! sell! They care nothing about the clients progress or situations. They take away affordable training packages to force clients to buy more expensive ones. The fitness managers don't ask about results, they only ask if the person is going to resign.

Try catering to the MEMBERS versus yourselves. Taking away more convenient services and charging more for less convenient services is a horrible business practice.

Good place to work and grow as a trainer

Former Employee - Personal Trainer III  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer III in Dallas, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I found that i became a better trainer because of the things that i learned from other trainers at 24 Hour Fitness. We had some seasoned veterans that were very open to sharing the experiences and suggestions. I found it to be a good educational experience

Cons

I felt that the compensation for trainers was a little low considering the amount of effort that we put into our clients.

Help provide continuing education opportunities for trainers. Just like any field, if a trainer is growing, they are likely to become better trainers and get a greater sense of fulfillment from their job.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!