Group X Instructor

Current Employee - Group X Instructor in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Group X Instructor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid to learn coreography, reimbursed for Les Mills DVD's and even paid to find a sub.

Cons

Impossible to find a sub. Most other gyms have a sub-list of people waiting to jump on available classes. Not 24 Hour Fitness... Especially if you teach a Wednesday night class like I do, good luck finding a sub.. everyone else teaches Wednesday night too. I got a disciplinary notice for not being able to find a sub for a class that I posted a week in advance and called most instructors trying to find. Also they don't have the IT ability to filter their instructor list based on people likely to be able to help out (i.e. aren't already teaching at that time, or live relatively close). They insisted that I call everyone on the list (about 75 people) every time I needed a sub when most of them were either already teaching, lived an hour away, or some other very valid excuse. Pretty lame that the district managers couldn't do a simple excel sort to save me 75 phone calls..

Advice to Management

See above.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. we are there to sale, not really to help those needing help change their lives through fitness.

Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in San Diego, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros

free membership as an employee

Cons

Business that tries really hard up-selling products that people don't even need.

24 Hour Fitness Review

Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is positive and overall, this was not a bad company to work for. You get paid to help people and soak up the positive energy from all the fitness enthusiasts around you.

Cons

The pay is structured for those who are in school, looking to gain experience, or just need a second job. It is hard to live off of the pay here. Also, they push sales too hard. They are more interested in meeting sales goals than actually helping clients reach their goals.

Advice to Management

You preach about helping people and fitness goals, but when it comes down to it, the only thing you care about is meeting sales goals. This needs to change.