24 Hour Fitness

www.24hourfitness.com
  www.24hourfitness.com
There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Politics Aside, good environment to learn sales part-time. Full-Time prospective employee's should look elsewhere.

Current Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR
Current Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
Great Environment to Learn Sales
Multiple Locations

Cons

Quality of management varies greatly.
Corporate constantly changes policies
Fast Turnover

I appreciate the opportunity I have been given to work for this company. I work at a club that constantly gets visited by the corporate team, However, corporate needs to analyze how their pricing is perceived compared to competitors . 24 Hour Fitness lacks competitive pricing (45-60 P/M as opposed to (30-40P/M) and it is difficult to address whether the Super Sport gyms are premium tier or low tier because the pricing lacks strategy and the positioning of the gym I work at does not match the market they are targeting. I have worked at an active and then super sport for over two years and I have learned a lot about the pros and cons from the frontline perspective. Spend more time training the service department about current policies for members as you do for membership counselors. Many times I had angry customers because of the lack of consistent information they receive from different departments. I loved this company when I began working but overtime the club management changed(they left the company) and lately I have felt like the new management micro manages the entire staff. I produce the most sales in the club I work in and I am results driven but the constant "new" policies hinder the customer experience not improve it. Unfortunately , due to the lack of consistency in this company I will leaving to work for a Corporation in June. I have a finance and marketing degree and while I wanted to originally move up within this company the current environment is not the right fit for a strong business model. This company will have quantity in new members but it lacks quality at the current time and if that does not change the increase in cancellations will offset the new members joining .

533 Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness (View Most Recent)

Service Manager

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness

Pros

Not too much sales pressure

Cons

Lot of work for little pay

better communication

keep looking! wasted 4+ years at front desk/kids club

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

free membership, social life, flexible for the most part

Cons

Everyone is part time because management can't afford anyone to work full time. Employees are paid a very low hourly wage, which results in no one caring. Prices are constantly being increased, while employee benefits decrease. The copy machines are from 1989 and computers constantly crash. If a piece of gym equipment is broken, it will take 6 months to fix because there is no sense of urgency towards the people paying for the gym memberships. Also the temperature is not controlled within the club, but from a corporate office in California. (because that makes sense.) Every product on the shelf isn't "healthy" but packed with protein and miscellaneous byproducts you can't even read that is extremely overpriced. And at your minimum wage salary, you have the luxury of meeting your quota by trying to convince people to buy it.

If you don't want a high turnover rate, want people to provide excellent service and invest themselves in the company, PAY THEM A LIVING WAGE. I've had one .25 cent raise in the four years there. I made $7.80 an hour part time - as of November 2013. Even fast food employees make more than that. the ONLY thing keeping me there was the free gym membership, which I expect won't be a benefit for long.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness