24 Hour Fitness
www.24hourfitness.com San Ramon, CA 5000+ Employees

I would not recommend working at 24 Hour Fitness, Hermosa Beach, to anyone.

Personal Trainer I (Former Employee)
Hermosa Beach, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than a year

ProsThe only pro of working at 24 Hour Fitness is the free membership and discounted prices on personal training. It is an easy place to start out as a personal trainer.

Cons24 Hour Fitness is all about making the company money at almost any expense and the upper management acts in accordance to this. As a personal trainer, management pushed sales and only focused on profit, even at the expense of clients. Of course any business needs to make a profit, but 24 Hour Fitness takes this to a whole other level. Employees are constantly pestered to sell more, even if it means extremely long days, little sleep, no time for much outside of work (even if you come on as a part-time employee), or spending extra "personal" time at the gym. On top of all this stress put on employees by management to perform in the numbers department, employees are also not provided a comfortable working environment. The working environment is extremely unprofessional and employees (especially female) are not treated with respect. On top of this, the facilities are subpar in cleanliness and sanitation.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to ensure a safe and comfortable working environment for all employees and make sure relations in the work place are professional and respectful.

we are there to sale, not really to help those needing help change their lives through fitness.

Membership Counselor (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time

Pros: free membership as an employee Cons: Business that tries really hard up-selling products that people don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

keep looking! wasted 4+ years at front desk/kids club

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: free membership, social life, flexible for the most part Cons: Everyone is part time because management can't afford anyone to work full time. Employees are paid a very low hourly wage, which results in… Advice to Senior Management: If you don't want a high turnover rate, want people to provide excellent service and invest themselves in the company, PAY THEM A LIVING WAGE.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on 24 Hour Fitness.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 24 Hour Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 24 Hour Fitness CEO Elizabeth Blair. All reviews posted anonymously by 24 Hour Fitness employees.