24 Hour Fitness

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Fitness for the masses

Current Employee - Membership Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Membership Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Seeing the member achieve their fitness goals.
Room for advancement
There are some managers who invest in individuals
Free gym membership

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between the higher ups and what actually happens in the clubs.
I have witnessed lack of integrity to achieve sales; the culture is changing but some of the "good ol' boys" are still around and only care about the numbers.

Invest in your locations and your staff!!!!!!!!!!!!
Training programs are weak with no allocation of hours for on boarding in the service and membership departments.
non functioning facilities are a number one killer of sales.

519 Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness (View Most Recent)

Amazing potential for growth, but the business direction under new CEO is dismal. Dark times ahead.

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

State of the art facilities, commission free/team centric work environment, leadership development and fun workplace.

Cons

As the direction of the company changes, there is more and more emphasis on profits, and it comes at the expense of quality of life for the employees and club culture for the member base.

SUPPORT YOUR EMPLOYEES!

It's been a great ride!!

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

24 Hour Fitness has a strong belief in a work/life balance. The type of people that work there are fun, energetic, and for the most part very encouraging in helping employees meet there fitness goals. Most positions allow for a pretty flexible schedule.

Cons

The company has changed in past few months, shifting from a focus on service, to a focus on sales...in my opinion to the point well, I'm here looking for something else. It's difficult for me to work for a company that I don't believe is doing right by its members. Also, I think the companies structure is way screwy, especially with the recent changes, they really need to pay there front line team members better than they do, or at least bring back some form of a commission pay.

Bring back commission pay and incentives to drive service team members...i.e. $5 for EFT set-ups. Also, bring back the employee discount on items that are on sale anyway. It's discouraging to think that a company as profitable as 24 needs to not reward there employees this way.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness