Easy place to teach

Current Employee - Group X Instructor  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Group X Instructor in Denver, CO

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

there are lots of opportunities to teach classes, as there are so many locations. Classes are typically really busy, so lots of energy

Cons

Its tough to get new classes onto the schedule, or to get a trial class on the schedule

Would be great if management listened to the instructors in real-time and valued our opinions towards enhancing the members experiences

Other Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Positive environment for beginning Group Exercise instructors

Current Employee - Group X Instructor  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Group X Instructor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with 24 Hour Fitness in San Jose for a couple of years and it's been extremely positive. I was brand new to the world of being a group ex instructor. They gave me the opportunity right out of the gate to teach. Strong infrastructure to support a large network of instructors. Also offer reimbursement for music kits where applicable.

Cons

Maybe because it's not my primary job, I haven't really paid attention or know how or when yearly reviews are done. My hourly rate has stayed the same for the past 2 years.

Great place to grow

Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer  in  Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Clackamas, OR

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work culture really depends on the branch and the managers running that specific branch and its different teams. I mostly had great experiences with my management.
    The training I received to do all my different functions was very high quality, and there were ongoing workshops in the area at the time that I could attend to boost my knowledge. Also, having other trainers around to whom I could ask questions made me a much better trainer very quickly.
    The employee benefits are pretty decent too if you take advantage of all that is offered.
    As with many jobs, so much depends on your direct manager and club manager! (Also, if you have a good sales manager with a solid team who is active about signing up new members for training, that can really help ensure that your business is great.)

Cons

Loss prevention has a lot of rules that you should seek to find out. I had a few managers (who were later fired) that encouraged us to do things against company policy, and I almost got fired for it, along with about five other employees who did.
    As a trainer working for a "big box" gym, your pay will often be lower per hour than working for smaller gym or working privately. However, if you are in a "good traffic" gym, meaning you work at one that receives a lot of new members as well as existing members interested in training, then your overall earnings could be significantly higher than in the small gym settings. Once you locate a branch with good traffic, the rest is up to you to seek out new business inside the gym.

I would continue to provide local development opportunities and subsidized national certification opportunities for employees interested in becoming personal trainers.
    Please make sure that Loss Prevention rules are clear to all employees before any action is taken against them.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!