24 Hour Fitness

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Easy place to teach

Current Employee - Group X Instructor in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Group X Instructor in Denver, CO

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

there are lots of opportunities to teach classes, as there are so many locations. Classes are typically really busy, so lots of energy

Cons

Its tough to get new classes onto the schedule, or to get a trial class on the schedule

Would be great if management listened to the instructors in real-time and valued our opinions towards enhancing the members experiences

533 Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness (View Most Recent)

The Leader in the Fitness industry

Former Employee - Club Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Club Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Has all of the tools you need in 24 HOUR FITNESS University to be successful. Has made easier to become members.

Cons

Some of the changes in leadership the last year to save took away most of the people that help develop the company over the last 15 years. A lot of the members and employees mourned the loss of the ones they respected highly that didn't receive a fair shake.

A lot of decisions were made without the employees and member input. Listen to the staff and members to contribute to the success of the company.

Great place to grow

Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Certified Personal Trainer in Clackamas, OR

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work culture really depends on the branch and the managers running that specific branch and its different teams. I mostly had great experiences with my management.
    The training I received to do all my different functions was very high quality, and there were ongoing workshops in the area at the time that I could attend to boost my knowledge. Also, having other trainers around to whom I could ask questions made me a much better trainer very quickly.
    The employee benefits are pretty decent too if you take advantage of all that is offered.
    As with many jobs, so much depends on your direct manager and club manager! (Also, if you have a good sales manager with a solid team who is active about signing up new members for training, that can really help ensure that your business is great.)

Cons

Loss prevention has a lot of rules that you should seek to find out. I had a few managers (who were later fired) that encouraged us to do things against company policy, and I almost got fired for it, along with about five other employees who did.
    As a trainer working for a "big box" gym, your pay will often be lower per hour than working for smaller gym or working privately. However, if you are in a "good traffic" gym, meaning you work at one that receives a lot of new members as well as existing members interested in training, then your overall earnings could be significantly higher than in the small gym settings. Once you locate a branch with good traffic, the rest is up to you to seek out new business inside the gym.

I would continue to provide local development opportunities and subsidized national certification opportunities for employees interested in becoming personal trainers.
    Please make sure that Loss Prevention rules are clear to all employees before any action is taken against them.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness