There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Easy place to teach

Current Employee - Group X Instructor in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Group X Instructor in Denver, CO

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

there are lots of opportunities to teach classes, as there are so many locations. Classes are typically really busy, so lots of energy

Cons

Its tough to get new classes onto the schedule, or to get a trial class on the schedule

Advice to Management

Would be great if management listened to the instructors in real-time and valued our opinions towards enhancing the members experiences

reviews filtered by

The Leader in the Fitness industry

Former Employee - Club Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Club Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Has all of the tools you need in 24 HOUR FITNESS University to be successful. Has made easier to become members.

Cons

Some of the changes in leadership the last year to save took away most of the people that help develop the company over the last 15 years. A lot of the members and employees mourned the loss of the ones they respected highly that didn't receive a fair shake.

Advice to Management

A lot of decisions were made without the employees and member input. Listen to the staff and members to contribute to the success of the company.

2. Positive environment for beginning Group Exercise instructors

Current Employee - Group X Instructor in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Group X Instructor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been with 24 Hour Fitness in San Jose for a couple of years and it's been extremely positive. I was brand new to the world of being a group ex instructor. They gave me the opportunity right out of the gate to teach. Strong infrastructure to support a large network of instructors. Also offer reimbursement for music kits where applicable.

Cons

Maybe because it's not my primary job, I haven't really paid attention or know how or when yearly reviews are done. My hourly rate has stayed the same for the past 2 years.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness