24 Hour Fitness

www.24hourfitness.com

Lots of fun, but you have to be driven to reap the rewards,,,

Membership Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe environment is great. Great colleagues (generally speaking). The feeling of success when goals are met is very rewarding. It's just a good time, it least it has been for me. If you show energy and are a high performer it doesn't take long to get noticed and move up the ladder.

ConsIf you don't like sales, you probably don't want to work here in any Membership, Fitness, or Leadership position. It's not necessarily a con if you're on board, but I know many consider this to be a negative. People are pushed to deliver more and more and it's never enough. It's very "What have you done for me lately?" type of feeling.

Pay. Most people are underpaid, particularly the front line team members. Over the last several years cuts in labor have really made the job difficult. We're now expecting much more from our team members and we aren't compensating properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some form of commissions for sales team members. If we really want to get to a higher level we have to create incentive and reward people, not just give folks a pat on the back. That only goes so far.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

24 Hour Fitness is not the place to work if you are looking to make a good paycheck

Personal Trainer III (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There is a lot of room to move up the corporate ladder or move laterally and gain experience in the fitness… Cons: It takes quite a bit of time before you can make a decent paycheck. The… Advice to Senior Management: The business model is working as is proven by the success and growth of the company. Individual gyms… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Positive

Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you really want to take initiative and be developed, you can learn a lot of great skills with 24 hour fitness. Also dealing with… Cons: Low compensation, not much support from the cleaning crews in keeping the gym clean, very large job… Advice to Senior Management: Give better support on a corporate level to help teams be successful, whether that's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on 24 Hour Fitness.

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!