There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Lots of fun, but you have to be driven to reap the rewards,,,

Current Employee - Membership Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Membership Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The environment is great. Great colleagues (generally speaking). The feeling of success when goals are met is very rewarding. It's just a good time, it least it has been for me. If you show energy and are a high performer it doesn't take long to get noticed and move up the ladder.

Cons

If you don't like sales, you probably don't want to work here in any Membership, Fitness, or Leadership position. It's not necessarily a con if you're on board, but I know many consider this to be a negative. People are pushed to deliver more and more and it's never enough. It's very "What have you done for me lately?" type of feeling.

Pay. Most people are underpaid, particularly the front line team members. Over the last several years cuts in labor have really made the job difficult. We're now expecting much more from our team members and we aren't compensating properly.

Bring back some form of commissions for sales team members. If we really want to get to a higher level we have to create incentive and reward people, not just give folks a pat on the back. That only goes so far.

465 Other Employee Reviews for 24 Hour Fitness (View Most Recent)

Great place to work while you are in college.

Former Employee - Group Fitness Instructor  in  Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Group Fitness Instructor in Stockton, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The atmosphere of the clubs are great and friendly. Coworkers all share the same goals and are very positive and motivating within the employee circle as well as the members. Free membership is a good thing.

Cons

High turnover rate. Managers and supervisors seem to change very often, leaving you feeling like you're only part of a temporary workplace.

Quit restructuring your management staff. The bottom line is not as important as maintaining a high employee retention rate with people who want to work there.

A fun place to work

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Ramon, CA

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Going to work here was fun. Everyone was young at heart and there was a big focus on employee satisfaction. We were encourage to take a long lunch in order to work out. This made it less difficult to work long hours when needed.

Cons

Some of the upper management didn't seem qualified to run a large corporation.

None, I was happy with it.

There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Worked for 24 Hour Fitness? Contribute to the Community!