There are newer employer reviews for 24 Hour Fitness

Their marketing tactics are stuck in the stone age!

Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR
Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR

I worked at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great relations you make with members and co workers.

Cons

Unorganized management and poor training. If you are not comfortable bugging members for friend referrals or tracking people down on the street to drag them into the gym, which is referred to as (Street Hustle), then stay far away from this position. You would have thought their marketing tactics had progressed since the stone age!

Advice to Management

Implement sales strategies that actually work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lots of fun, but you have to be driven to reap the rewards,,,

Current Employee - Membership Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Membership Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The environment is great. Great colleagues (generally speaking). The feeling of success when goals are met is very rewarding. It's just a good time, it least it has been for me. If you show energy and are a high performer it doesn't take long to get noticed and move up the ladder.

Cons

If you don't like sales, you probably don't want to work here in any Membership, Fitness, or Leadership position. It's not necessarily a con if you're on board, but I know many consider this to be a negative. People are pushed to deliver more and more and it's never enough. It's very "What have you done for me lately?" type of feeling.

Pay. Most people are underpaid, particularly the front line team members. Over the last several years cuts in labor have really made the job difficult. We're now expecting much more from our team members and we aren't compensating properly.

Advice to Management

Bring back some form of commissions for sales team members. If we really want to get to a higher level we have to create incentive and reward people, not just give folks a pat on the back. That only goes so far.

Positive

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at 24 Hour Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you really want to take initiative and be developed, you can learn a lot of great skills with 24 hour fitness. Also dealing with members is awesome and it's nice to deal with people in a fast paced environment. What the company stands for is positive and a nice way to keep the company aligned.

Cons

Low compensation, not much support from the cleaning crews in keeping the gym clean, very large job scope and high expectations. Sales is a must even from the service side with absolutely no commission

Advice to Management

Give better support on a corporate level to help teams be successful, whether that's investing in club leaders in the field, or holding contracted employees accountable more effectively.