There are newer employer reviews for 2U

Trials and tribulations of a growing company

Current Employee - Currently Employee  in  Landover, MD
Current Employee - Currently Employee in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment, most people who leave request to come back. Offer variety of job opportunities, if you get into one position that is not exactly the right fit for you managers will try to get you into a new department (pending handwork). The CEO is very visible to employs, has a great vision. Very respectable guy Pretty clear metrics across the board. Did I mention great work environment?

Cons

2u has grown exponentially since its inception. There have been challenges to overcome, the experience has not always ideal. However, every challenge and obstacle faced, a learning opportunity was created. This company offers opportunities to anyone who is willing to work hard. Put your head down and work, and you will be rewarded.

82 Other Employee Reviews for 2U (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern

I have been working at 2U as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with! The environment is work hard, play hard. Dress code is basically "be appropriate for the occasion" so if you're just around at your desk all day, you can be comfortable in jeans...if you're meeting with a client, it's professional dress code. The company is changing the face of education!

Cons

Since the offices are scattered about, you'll have to get used to a lot of phone meetings and sometimes you'll be working with people without meeting them face-to-face for months!

All lies, no respect, no chance of moving up, no stocks for us.

Former Employee - Admissions Manager 2  in  Landover, MD
    Former Employee - Admissions Manager 2 in Landover, MD

I worked at 2U full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A temporary job. You won't move up due to cliquish groups, only the CEO is a good guy...his subordinates are not qualified at all.

Cons

2U gets their 60% tuition cut from each head, nothing but profits and they increase tuition every 6 months utilizing Top schools, get students to get stafford federal loans and put them in debt.

1)Get a real job now before the company goes public. The top people will get rich and sell their stocks and be millionaires & sell the company. You will be out of a job.

2)Stop treating us like people in the boiler room. Our names are not Glengarry or Glen Ross.

3)Stop acting like this job like an emergency room.

There are newer employer reviews for 2U

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!